PDA

View Full Version : August trip pics

bluefishon
09-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Thought I would share a few pics from Aug. Fishing for the most part was great, some days the fish were moody and other days it was crazy action. Most trips were marsh creek and south, Fished with the new Jared J rods, what a great feel! Almost all our catches were on RMT dodgers and signature squids. Pink haze, double glow pink, cotton candy, carribean, and also Radical glow tubes. Most days we also noticed a great afternoon bite, better than most years. The fish this year were on the bigger size overall lots of 4+ and some 5lbers in the mix. A good year overall with bigger fish but not as fast action overall as last year for me. There were a few bright spots with some triples and doubles, those are the memories to cherish. Always sad when you take your last trip, it seems like an eternity waiting for the next season. Thanks to all those who post reports and offer tips and suggestions. Keep our fingers crossed and hope for good numbers to continue for the next several years. It will be interesting what the next few years will bring. Tight lines Russ

halojm
09-03-2009, 07:23 AM
You did well my friend. But you forgot to give me a call when you put those fillets on the barby. Great looking fish.

Petty4life
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
nice report Russ.thumbsup

Kokaholic
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
NiceJob Russ. Thanks for sharing some great pics on what seems to have been a very succesful kokanee season for you!

Kokekook
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the pics,
I love the Gorge and will be back there next year. We were there in late July, didn't do as well as you but it was still the trip of the summer. We also used nothing but RMT gear. Great stuff. Keep up the good work Jared and thanks Russ for the good report.
Dave the Kolorado Kokekook

Kokanee Killer
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!! that big red male would definatley grace my wall.............btw how big was that block??thumbsup

bluefishon
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
It was a great fish, 24 inches and just over 5 lbs. Would make a nice mount for sure.