PDA

View Full Version : Gorge 29 and 30th

halojm
09-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Well once again my season at the gorge has come to an end. Brought the boat home on Sunday to do some engine work and then I can start looking forward to next year. Finished on a good note with 20 plus on Saturday. Weathr was great and fishing was even better. Fished Rawling draw area again with everyone else on the lake. Early was best of course until the other 40 boats showed up. Hooked into a triple right off the bat followed by several doubles. Used all RMT glow dogers followed by different glow baits all which were working equally well. Fished came from 50 to 65 feet at 1.5mph. Suday we woke up to light rain, distant lightning and an east wind. Fished same area and didn't mark a single fish anywhere in the area until I hit the main channel at the corner of swiim beach, then we caught 3 more in about 10 minutes. Wind picked up and it was time to close the season. I want to thank everyone that fished on board with me this year because you are what this business is all about. I met some great new friends this year and look forward to fishing with all of you agian next year. Here i a couple of pics from this weekend that I took of Steve. He saiys he can't caught more than one fish every outing this year. I proved him wrong again.thumbsup

Bduck
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I hope you left something for me Rob. I'm heading up on Labor Day and closing out my season as well as the official Koke season. Always look fwd going to the Gorge but not this last trip. Never want it to end.

halojm
09-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Plenty of fish left but I think you will need to get really close to the cliffs to find them. Also stay away from the crowds which should be fun trying to do this weekend. Good luck Rodger.

Bduck
09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks Rob, I'll stay close to the cliffs.There shouldn't be any crowds when I go. As they are ending their Labor day weekend, I'll be traveling there on labor day. Done this before & ended up with the campground pretty much to myself. Actually a good time to go. Kids are back in school now.