PDA

View Full Version : Boat/RV Cleaner

SmokeOnTheWater
08-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm not one to endorse products cause I'm simply like the rest of you but I just found a product that cleans bugs, tar, road spray and whatever else collects on the leading edge of your rigs. It's called Greased Lightning BLAST, orange powered, super strength, auto/shop degreaser. This stuff works GREAT! Just spray it on, let it set/soak for a few minutes then go over it with a high pressure power washer or car wash and everything is sparkling clean again. Smells good too! I picked this up in WalMart in the car care aisle. You can't miss it if they have it. It's in a bright orange bottle (1qt) for less than $3! Sure beats scrubbing the bugs and grime from the front of the camper and boat.

Bduck
08-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I was at Wal-Mart this morning and saw this product. For about $4.00 for a 2qt container, I decided to buy & try it. I sprayed it on the front of my truck(full strength) and you can actually tell the bug grease was starting to dissolve. After about 3mins., I took my press washer to it and all of the bugs came right off. Without it, there would be evidence of bugs left even using a press washer. I'm with Tom (Smoke on the water) on this product. Great find. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup I'm wandering if it would work with windshield washing fluid. I might try it on my older truck first.

gonefishing
08-30-2009, 07:38 PM
What about cleaning the floor of my fiberglass boat. Pretty messy after the season of walking on fish residue? (Stains)

Possibly any other ideas for cleaning the deck on boats?????

Thanks

smokin' Kokes
09-07-2009, 12:37 AM
use this on my 20' Trophy non skid FG deck, removes the blood stains from chinook and tuna.

3M™ Marine Non-Skid Deck Cleaner
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Marine/Home/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_node=VMXQZJX1BSgs&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_root=GST1T4S9TCgv&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_vroot=GS4JK4Y166ge&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_bgel=PMCDNN12XCbl&PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_gvel=H8PTZGX97Rgl

this is the best for stubborn old stains.
Mary Kate On & Off Gel Hull & Bottom Cleaner
careful, read the directions/warning. potent, contains oxalic acid
don't let it set in the scupper drains and don't run thru the bilge pump.
i use it for spot cleaning

http://www.crcindustries.com/marine/content/prod_detail.aspx?PN=MK3532&S=N

gonefishing
09-07-2009, 08:22 PM
2 years worth of blood and guts rinsed off only , plus lots of foot traffic. I have a non skid floor so this will be very helpfill. I appreciate the information very much and will be ordering this product.

I want to start the next spring fresh and clean on the gorge.

Thanks