PDA

View Full Version : Fished the Gorge Aug 26 & 27

TroutScout
08-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Trolled the cliffs just north of the Pipeline. The Kokes were stacked from top to bottom. There wasn’t room for another fish to show on the graph, it was that full. The school was about 50 yards long and close to the cliffs. Trolled for three hours without a hit. We ran many diffrent lures with no luck. Didn’t see other boats catch any either, there were only three other boats in the area. The next morning we fished near Anvil Draw. There were eleven boats working the cliffs due east of the launch ramp, three were jigging, the rest trolling. We caught 3 four-year-old Kokes, One was red and green with a big hooked jaw, about 4 pounds, one was just turning pink and the third was silver. They came on a bright red Osprey spoon behind a RMT hyper plaid dodger and a red Apex Koke Killer behind a “0” sliver dodger. We also caught a lot of small Lake Trout, 2-3 pounds by mistake. We were running downriggers at 80’ down and trolling between 1.2 to 1.5 mph. The weather was calm.

SmokeOnTheWater
08-29-2009, 04:11 PM
How about some pictures? We all love pictures! Especially when the spawning colors are on. Glad you finally put some in the boat. Thanks for the report.

TroutScout
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
When I reached for the camera it wasn't there. I left it at home. I agree with you about pictures, and these fish would have made nicely colored subjects.