PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Aug 21,22,23rd 2009

Kokaholic
08-23-2009, 08:56 PM
It has been a long time since I have been able to take my Daughter MyKel (AKA Kelkokekiller on KFF) fishing at the gorge. It has been six weeks ago that she received her second Kidney transplant and she is doing great! Any how, Kel and I hooked up with Fellow Rocky mountain tackle team member Halojm(Rob) and headed to the gorge.

We fished Friday afternoon, Saturday until she got a little under the weather for a few hours from taking her anti rejection meds without something to eat on Saturday, Then we got her back the water and fishing again Saturday afternoon. We also fished Sunday morning for a few hours till the wind and such pushed us off.

Kel had a great time and caught numerous Kokes and Lake trout and had a blast. Rob, once again you have out done yourself. It's a pleasure being part of the RMT family with you. Thanks for your friendship, hospitality and good times. Kel and I look forward to sharing the lake with you again in the future,

We talked with Petty and Bduck, They had a rough start but they found them and put the hurt on them. Great job guys! Also met Propspinner at the cleaning station. Looks like he and his wife had a great day on the lake today also.

Met up with FISH and the little man. lots of KFF folks, Seen Justfish and his better half out on the water this morning also. Didnt hear how they did.

Was a wonderful trip. I have sent the photos to Petty to help me out to load and post. Thanks Jason!

halojm
08-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Amen to that brother. I always have said that if I couldn't have friends on board with me I wouldn't own a boat. To see the smiles on Kell's face as she was reeling in those big koks was worth more than you will ever know. You guys are part of the big RMT family and minthumbsupe also. Look forward to the next time.

SmokeOnTheWater
08-25-2009, 01:13 PM
GREAT JOB guys! Anytime you can put a smile like that on a kids face you're doing the RIGHT STUFF! Rob even looks like a little kid with that grin.

Our prayers are with you for a complete and successful recovery. I know all too well what your family is going through. Just remember to keep those lines tight. thumbsup

SuperD
08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
GREAT JOB guys! Anytime you can put a smile like that on a kids face you're doing the RIGHT STUFF! Rob even looks like a little kid with that grin.

Our prayers are with you for a complete and successful recovery. I know all too well what your family is going through. Just remember to keep those lines tight. thumbsup

Ditto to ALL that!

Kokanee Killer
08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
nice lookin fish and by the looks of it a great day all around someday someday i will fish the heralded gorge with you folksthumbsup

Bduck
08-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Way to go Kelkokekiller. Great pics, great job. Glad to see your OK. You couldn't ask for better therapy session than a day with a fine friend(Rob) & your father in a fantastic location. God Bless you and will be looking fwd to seeing you on the waters again.