PDA

View Full Version : Fire in the Gorge

Bduck
08-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Made the trip up for a day with Petty. Using RMT dodgers hperplaid, hyperplaid with pink stripe, squids that are clear, cotton candy, pink spatter, & a purple haze. Not sure what those kokes wanted but the kitchen sink was available. Trolled area where Ash(fish) was at by the cliffs at Holmes. Could see numerous fish on the fish finder but couldn't buy a bite. Went south of pipeline out across from swim beach and found a rodeo of boats was circling that wagon. Halojm & Kokaholic fishing together was in the mix and we made our entrance. You can sure tell that the spawn is gettin' on. My first koke was a red. After that, the rest of the kokes had hints of red to them. Caught a couple of smaller silvers that were released back to grow up. Time to start thinking about calling it a season here at the Gorge. Might give it one more shot in a couple weeks & spend about 4days here. Time to try for a few lakers as they are starting to gather for there picnic. Here's a couple of pics on our day of success.

SmokeOnTheWater
08-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey Roger - Looks like it was just another bluebird day on the water. Just got back from the first week of bowhunting for elk and had the normal luck or should I say lack thereof. I believe it was just too hot and dry where we hunted this year.

The Mrs. and I are planning one last trip to the Gorge over Labor Day weekend with all the crowd. From your report, sounds like the bite hasn't changed much all summer so I guess we'll just stay with the patterns that have been working for us. Thanks for the report though. ;)

Im4kokanee
08-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Nice one Bduck and Petty. Glad your still getting some.

Kokaholic
08-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Good to hear you guys had a good trip. We couldnt get them to open their mouths after you guys left, Pretty rough this morning for kokes. We spanked the macs but the kokes eluded us this morning. We did well yesterday, Kelkokekiller had a great trip and caught some nice fish. Thats what this WHOLE trip was for. HER to catch some kokes and she did. Rob has the great photos on his camera. As always we were treated well by Rob and his friendship and hospitality are second to none!

Wish we could have hooked up with you guys and spent more time with ya but hey, Gotta fish when we can and B.S later. laugh hyst

halojm
08-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Way to go Roger. Looks like things went better than Jason was making it out to be. I have next weekend up there then that will be it for me for the year. Getting the big 250 V8 re jetted and a tune up.

SuperD
08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I love the nose on the first fish pic of Petty's. Thanks for the report Roger.