PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 8/19

SuperD
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Played hookie today and went to Berry for a mid week shot at some remaining Koke action. There was 2 boat loads of us and our day started pretty rough. Once at the Markley Cove launch, one boat had a dead battery and the fish / depth finder was dead on the other. We finally got under way about 7:00 a.m. and headed to the ranch house. I didn't have my second rod in the water when it was fish on. It was a chunky 14" er at about 58' on the wire. Lure was pink and yellow. I finally get both rods in the water and the first rod goes off again. This time a little bigger, 15" er on the same set up as above. About the time that lure went cold, green came on and we pick up the next three fish on green. 2 kokes and one really nice 17" king. As the morning wore on, we completed a slam with a fuzzy trout and a small mouth bass. Around 10:00, purple came on and we caught 2 kokes and had 2 ldr's on a purple spinner behind a hyper plaid dodger, again in the 60' deep range. The water was dead glass and the temp was darn hot and you know how tough it is to fish Berry when it is glass. With sweat rolling down between my man boobs, we decided to pull a little after noon. We were marking tons of fish but not getting any takers. All in all, we felt pretty victorious considering the lack of reports coming out of Berryessa over the last couple of weeks.

S.S. Fireball
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Keep the reports coming. I won't be able to make it out there for two weeks and I'm dying to hear about some big fish coming!