PDA

View Full Version : Alaskan Fish Tacos

SuperD
08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Made some fish tacos on the grill with fish from the Alaska trip this weekend. Sides of home made pinto beans, spanish rice.

Taco sauce was a simple white sauce with 50/50 sour cream and mayo, cilantro, lime juice and lime zest of one lime. Topped with cabbage slaw and grated cheddar jack cheese.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2521/fishtaco.jpg

SuperD
08-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Man, all I can say is you guys have become a tough crowd. violin

Bduck
08-10-2009, 03:03 PM
All it needs is a glass of wine and invitations, Dave. If I was still living in Sac., I would be knocking on your door. Looks great. Alaskan food,mmmmmmmm. worthy12

MMDON
08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Good looking Tacos Dave! I can see the slaw now!thumbsup

Steve079
08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Nah, were not a tough crowd, we're just busy. Looks really good. My wife runs the school meal programs for the 3 schools in the district we live in. Ironically, today was the first day she had Fish tacos on the menu.
She used Tilapia, did some cabbage, (I like the white sauce you did, I'm going to show her that, but she has to avoid creams and butter). Guess what we're having tonight, they must have been a hit. She did the cabbage with lime, cilantro, zest, and a little rice vinegar, plus a little of this and that.
Thanks for the pictures, I'm so hungry right now!

Oh, I got a pork shoulder question for ya. Got some BEAUTIFUL new Mexico hatch green chilis from a good friend. Was thinking of using some pork shoulder, and the peppers together, but not sure how to go about it? Any suggestions?