PDA

View Full Version : Gorge 8-9 Aug

halojm
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Well the bad news first. This weekend started just like last weekend. Lots of fish being marked and nothing coming to the boat. I had Im4Kokanee and his wife on board with me this weekend and I really thought it was going to be another one of the weekends. Low pressure coming in with wind and rain. And that is what we got. Wind wasn't as bad as I've seen but still made it tuff to navigate a boat then Saturday night the rain hit. Thats the bad news, Good news was we did manage a few fish on Saturday, but Sunday morning was one of those days you dream of. Clear skies, calm water and the fish wanting to jump in the boat. We only needed a few more for a limit to take to the family barbacue coming up. Fished the same area Sunday as Saturday with the same rigs early in the morning. RMT Glow Dodgers with Double Glow Pink, and Pink/Purple squids fished from 45 to 60 feet, at 1.5 - 1.7. We had our box full of nice 3.5-4.0 fish before most people left the docks. Then we decided to catch and release so we didn't have to leave. B-Duck came along side and we gave him a few hints. Seems a black cloud was over him all weekend. We also had several boats come within 10 feet of us wondering what we were doing. One came so close I could hav touched it with my fishing pole. Then we hook up again while he was along side of us. Don't think it made him very happy. Finished the morning when a nice 4-4.5 came along side with two of my other lines wrapped around him. He was released and then we started the job of untangling. Decide that was a good time to quit. Back at the dock at 7:15 and after a quick boat cleaning, was headed home. Not sure what made the difference in the two mornings but it was like night and day.thumbsup

Kokaholic
08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Very Nice Rob.

Soon, Very Soon!

oldguysrule
08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice job we fished the bad weather also and all we couldfind were rainbows and macks. We left sunday with a couple of bows for dinner.any special thought for next week?

SmokeOnTheWater
08-09-2009, 11:18 PM
The wife and I had fair success on Saturday hooking up with five kokes. We lost a really nice one early in the morning near the boat (damn rubber hooks) crymeariver and released three smaller ones before we kept one for the freezer.

Sunday was much better! Not sure when the rain stopped Saturday night but the near full moon was out the rest of the night. Like Rob said, it was one of those GREAT mornings you can only dream about most of the time but we were happy to be on the water this morning. We were marking fish anywhere from 45' down to about 60'. Not sure why they were so deep that early in the morning when the surface temp was only 66 degrees. The only thing really working for us this weekend was the pink glitter & pink crush 5" dodger and a pink & glow RMT Assassin Spinner rig tipped with Gulp Maggots. We caught seven kokes and one reall nice rainbow but all were released except for three of the bigger salmon. Oh yeah, we were fishing North Anvil to just South of the Ranch.

Maybe those of you lucky ones out there going to fish the Gorge this week can use this info to boat some kokes of your own? Wish I could be with ya. Oh Well, somebody has to pay the bills, like two new boat trailer tires. Walking back to the truck this morning I noticed a blister on the one tire so I put the spare on and noticed the other was about worn out. I guess rubber don't last forever? Anyone know of a superb trailer tire? I'm going shopping tomorrow after work.

Kokanee Killer
08-09-2009, 11:20 PM
jeeeeeez nice fish,,,how about lending some to us back east,,, im enviousthumbsup

Im4kokanee
08-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Ohhh Man, thank you Halojm, for a great fishing excursion. :D

We had a great time. Can't wait for our next trip. Rob treated us like we are family. Made us feel right at home on his boat. A really great weekend. :cool:

Here are a few more pics of this weekend. thumbsup

Bduck
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Like Rob said, I had a black cloud hanging over me. But it wasn't a complete disaster. My wife & I boated 2 bows, 2 laker pups, and 4 kokes. The second day there my my Troll Daddy mount that I use for steering my kicker started ratcheting in one direction. Unable to use it for the rest of the trip. My main motor was already setup to continue without issues. I threw everything at the kokes that I had but couldn't get the hookups like Rob did. Caught what I did on RMT dodgers bahama mama w/pearlscent squid, RMT hyper Glow purple/pink dodger with a mai tai squid. One koke was taken using a RMT hyper plaid dodger w/white chart silver tape osprey. The bows & laker pups on other setups by Lure Jensen in green colors mostly. I found where Rob's secret fishing hole is. I followed the double rainbow to the pipeline as you see in the first pic.

Bduck
08-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry about that. Heres the pics.

Im4kokanee
08-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey Bduck, it was really great meeting you and Your better half. I'm glad we got to share a beer. Hopefully we will meet up again soon. You shoulda walked on over to the trailer and had a couple of Kokanee cervesas with me Saturday evening.

Heres some photos I shot:

Bduck
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey Bduck, it was really great meeting you and Your better half. I'm glad we got to share a beer. Hopefully we will meet up again soon. You shoulda walked on over to the trailer and had a couple of Kokanee cervesas with me Saturday evening.

Heres some photos I shot: Hey, that first pic looks like you caught me taking a P*&^. laugh hyst Seriously, thats where I have all my gear sitting on top of the dog house. Thanks for confirming the secret fishing hole with the rainbow. ;) I was going to come over to your camp but unfortunately I spent that evening trying to fix up some rigs for the next morning fishing tactics. By the time I got done, it was after 10pm and I was feeling burnt out. It was great meeting you & Nicole and I'll be looking fwd to hooking up with you again.

SuperD
08-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Roger, those fish look like they still have some silver on them. Now quit taking next years fish! ;-)

propspinner
08-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Bduck and Halojm, My wife and I were fishing the same area saturday morning,was a little slow for us as well. Had to come home sat night so as usual I missed the good day, Oh well, I'll be back next weekend. We were in a boat that is a carbon copy of Bducks but with the top down.
Rob. is Jarred still fishing up north?

cliffg
08-10-2009, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE Anyone know of a superb trailer tire? I'm going shopping tomorrow after work.[/QUOTE]

Smoke,

I've had good success with Goodyear Marathon trailer tires

Cliff

halojm
08-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Bduck and Halojm, My wife and I were fishing the same area saturday morning,was a little slow for us as well. Had to come home sat night so as usual I missed the good day, Oh well, I'll be back next weekend. We were in a boat that is a carbon copy of Bducks but with the top down.
Rob. is Jarred still fishing up north? Jared is still up north but he has taken the last couple of weeks off. He was telling me Friday that he has already been on the water about 80 days this year. He is heading to Canada this week to meet with some suppliers and then a week of fishing with his dad before he pulls his dads boat home. I expect he'll be back at the gorge the in a couple of weeks.