PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Aug 1 & 2nd

CurlysLures
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
We hit the water @ 630 Am -10 Saturday morning squaw area south side. We marked alot of fish but they seemed to have a case of the lockjaw that morning. We only managed 1 to the boat and missed a couple of others. We threw everything @ them. Curlys in all colors Cotton Candy, White, translucent Double Glow Pink RMT squids but could not get them to hit. Sunday we hit the water about the same time this time we were on the other side of the ranch. Fish seemed to be more heavily stacked and starting to school up pretty good. 9:00 seemed to be the best time and we managed to get 7 to the boat before we left @ 10:30 that day. We caught about half and half on a pink black dot Curlys behind a ball troll @ 50-60 ft and a Clear RMT UV squid with a rgt orange tube in it trailed by a bahama mama dodger. Biggest went 3.5 lbs but we did also catch quite a few smaller fish that day.

Lundman
08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the reprort...

I'm heading up to Squaw Hollow next weekend and was wondering how the water clarity is -- last time it was a stained ice tea color...

Also how were the fish looking that you caught - are they turning yet?

Propnut69
08-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I fished out of squaw hollow yesterday,the water has cleared up and looks good. None of the kokes we caught were turning yet. All of them were still a bright silver.

CurlysLures
08-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Like Prop said the water is clearing up, all fish we caught were still in full silver, but have talked to quite a few catching the hooks with pink on them.

Lundman
08-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the update guys - I was hoping for the answers you both provided....

One more trip to the Gorge before I go to Oregon King Salmon fishing...

Yeah Haw.... Thanks Again....