PDA

View Full Version : Aug 1-2 Gorge trip

halojm
08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
For all of you who are bummed out becuase your spouse said you could not go fishing this weekend. Give them a big kiss and say thank you. Don't get me wrong here, we did manage 27 fish for a day and a half, but in comparision to the 42 fish weekend 2 weeks ago, it sucked. We did see more fish this time than last but they had a case of lockjaw like I've never seen. I threw everything in the boat at them and almost threw the wife also but thought that was not a good idea if I wanted to keep going for the next few weeks. The ones we caught were nothing special 2.5 - 3.5 and did I mention the big 4 incher we caught. On a good note, the wind got tired after Fridays blow and never showed up again all weekend. I talked with Kyle Edwards at the cleaning station on our way out and he figured them out about a week ago. For those of you who know what to do for fall kokanee tactics, that what is working now. He caught 32 and lost 14 this morning. Next time look out. I did change some tactics today except for speed because I was still using some squids on other poles so I didn't want to go too fast. Spoons and speed will be the ticket for the rest of the season I'm thinking. I'll post a few pictures later.

Petty4life
08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
there is your pics rob.thumbsup

halojm
08-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Jasonworthy12

Gorgerunner
08-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm glad to see someone had a good run this weekend.....we were probably running right next to you this morning and didn't get a hit all day.....
I only get to the Gorge every couple of weekends...and it seems like the Koke's see me coming...?..In all honesty, I have only caught 1 good Koke all summer......crazy huh?....what speed?, what color?, Sqid?, needlefish?, wedding ring?......AHHHHHhhhhhhhh...I guess i have the combination wrong.
My dad, John Hoover used to fish with Cliff Redman out there every day!...they would have their limit and be back to the Green Onion by 11:00...
Dad lost most of his sight, and has been trying to teach me some of the tricks for catching these tricky buggers....After reading your note, and seeing the pics...I may have to try again pretty soon.
Thanks for keeping the Koke fire lit!.....I was about to throw in the towel.
Any suggestions on spoons?.......

Thanks

Leon

Propnut69
08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks Rob,I haven't been out in over two weeks now,,,,,,planning on hitting it hard on Tues. I heard the lake is dropping,,,,any idea how much it has went down in the last two weeks.? ? That's good advice about switching to fall tactics,,,,,,,,,,time to dust off the spoons,,

Im4kokanee
08-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Rob,

Thats still alot better then when we went out.

Those are some pretty fish you did manage to pull out.

I just have this feeling we will kill em this weekend!!!!!!

Jumping at the bit.

Kent & Nicole

Bduck
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I have enough fall tactics to make it work for this trip. I also keep my own fall tactics on ice. :rolleyes: Going up to the gorge thur-sunday. Always looking fwd to the gorge. worthy12