PDA

View Full Version : A swing and a miss!

sounds fishy
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
I took my boy and girl fishing on the gorge July 22-23. We tried both nights to catch some ling. We fished just after sunset around anvil island using glow tube jigs and sucker meat with out a single bite. My boy was so excited to catch one of the "ugly fish" that he had seen on the computer, but his dad just couldn't make it happen. crymeariver On the drive home he told me that maby next time we should stay out all night. Now thats one dedicated 6 year old! thumbsup Any kind of additional advice anyone would be willing to share that might get us into a couple of ling would be greatly appriciated.

We did have some luck with our daytime fishing persuits. The fishing was a little slow for us, but we did manage to boat four nice kokes in two days, my boy catching the largest at 4.5 lbs. He also caught a nice male just starting to turn a light pink. We also caught 4 nice smoker macks (18") that fit perfectly into my smoker! We all had a great time, and are planning on heading back for a couple days next week. Hope to hear from anyone who has the ling thing figured out! Good luck to all and good fishing!