PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

skipm
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Another noob here. I am not new to Kokanee fishing, but I am far from being a pro! My brother is the one that started me down the road to my Kokanee obsession; I was addicted from the start. I am not always able to get together with him for some Koke action, due to our work schedules, so this year I decided to outfit my boat for trolling too. I just finished rigging the boat out with an Easy Troller trolling plate and two Cannon Lake-Troll downriggers yesterday. Now I am all set to get out fishing!

I live in Idaho and we are blessed with some great Kokanee waters here. The reservoirs come on at different times due to their locations and elevations, so there is plenty of Kokanee action for all. I have two boys and I plan to get out with them this weekend, I am seriously considering taking Friday off...what's more important, work or fishing! thumbsup

Anderson Ranch reservoir is one of my favorite places to pursue Kokes and so that is where I am planning to go, since I heard the bite is coming on real good there right now. If the fishing is good, I plan to head back next week for a few days of camping and fishing. tooexcited

I have been lurking on this site for the past few weeks and there is lots of good info here and good people. Looking forward to taking part and contributing!

SilverBullets
07-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Hello and welcome aboard skipm. thumbsup Will be looking forward to your posts and reports, sounds like there's some great koke fishing out your way!

wahoohunter
07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Very nice post, skipm-and welcome

MackPrince
07-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah, another koke-addict. Welcome Skip!

halojm
07-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Sounds to me like you are ready to get on the water and have some fun. Welcome aboard. Look forward to reading how the Idaho waters are producing and to see some pictures.

Bduck
07-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Great to have you here skipm. thumbsup When your not koke fishing, this will be the place to hide out.