PDA

View Full Version : Better Late Then Never Report 6/27 - 6/28

Im4kokanee
07-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I8Trout Flaming Gorge BFT Burbot Bash Grand Prize Results June 26 - 28

I8Trout and Im4Trout met up with Halojm (Rocky Mountain Tackle) on the Friday afternoon June 26th. The weather was bad so we waited until 5:30 AM Saturday. We got out of the Marina and Rob and Koby got us set up with the ins and outs of fishing for Kokanee. We ended up boating two koks and 1 mac pup. A couple others Nicole and I let go before they got to the boat…….Wind blew us off the lake at 11:30 so we went to the KFF bash and met some great people Had some really good food and won a few prizes including a Lamiglass pole and a couple sets of tackle from RMT and Radical Glow. Weather did not cooperate so we called it a day because of the wind.

Sunday 5:00 AM back in Rob’s Boat. Water was like glass and we had the lake pretty much to ourselves for about a half hour. Then it was like Salt Lake City at 6:00 PM Anyway we managed to boat two more Koks a Mac Pup and a rainbow. We lost double that amount due to the inexperienced kokanee fishermen (Nicole and I). Rob had to take off at 10:00 AM so we came in.

We had a really great time hanging out and fishing with Rob and his Son. They are both experts when it comes to running the boat, Downriggers, Tackle and getting the fish on the poles. We talked, laughed and had a really awesome time. Even though we did not get into the Kokanee like we have heard you can up there due to the high and murky water at the time. It was still awesome due to the company of Rob and Kobe. .

We made good friends and that is even better then catching fish. (Ummm well maybe??)

Anyway we are going back up to FG in August this time at Lucern and go back out with him. He really wants us to catch fish. Nicole and I can’t wait. We have the Kokanee bug and the time we spend away from fishing for them the stronger this bug gets. We are chomping at the bit.

We would like to thank Rob and Jared at Rocky Mountain Tackle for give away this trip at the 2009 Burbot Bash. Thanks to BFT.com and Cliff (Wiperhunter2) for putting on the Bash and getting these great sponsors.

And a huge THANK YOU to Rob & his son Koby, for letting us enjoy his boat, Lamiglass Kokanee poles, RMT tackle, food, drinks and friendship! You definitely got Nicole and I hooked on Kokanee!

I’m seeing a Boat in our near future. Set up with a couple of Down riggers. Rocky Mountain Tackle Lamiglass Poles (these are just awesome poles. Great action), And a lot of Rocky Mountain Tackle!

Pictures to Follow...

Im4kokanee
07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
photos added

Bduck
07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Its hard to shake the fever when it sets in. I'm thinking about a 4 day trip in 2 weeks. I'm ready. fencing

halojm
07-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Kent
You and wife were just awsome to have on board. Can't wait until our next trip when we will be able to get a few more fish. I'll be up there this weekend and if it is as hot as it was the last trip it will be another 40 plus weekend. See you in a few days my friend.thumbsup

Im4kokanee
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Kent
You and wife were just awsome to have on board. Can't wait until our next trip when we will be able to get a few more fish. I'll be up there this weekend and if it is as hot as it was the last trip it will be another 40 plus weekend. See you in a few days my friend.thumbsup

:D Thanks Rob, I'm sure it will be a very good weekend for you this weekend and for us next weekend. We are dreaming Kokanee......Good luck this weekend to you and your family and we'll see you in 8 days! :D:D