PDA

View Full Version : hot hot hot

macfreak
07-26-2009, 07:01 PM
first off im new to this forum, ive looked at it a time or two and ive decided to join. my background on the gorge consists of 20yrs of experiance koke fishing on the gorge, im no pro but ive got a few things figured out and 8or 9 yrs ago i was 1 ounce away from the stste recored. i went up friday morning and had a great day with three people on the boat we had all of our limits within 4hrs. we had to fire up the bbq so we could go out in the eve. fri eve same results knocked em dead. i think the water level stabalizing had something to do with it i havent seen the water this high since i was a young kid. saturday we had the same results and had to put some fish back so we didnt go over our limit then we did some mac fishing with fair results. i havent seen the fishing for kokes this good for 10yrs, all fish were caught between 40-55ft. get out there boys the bite is on!!!! tight lines macfreak

AFDan52
07-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanl's for the report macfreak and welcome to KFF.

Bduck
07-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Glad to have you here macfreak. thumbsup Thanks for the report. Any particuliar setup you are using?

halojm
07-27-2009, 07:12 AM
I agree. The lake has been on fire for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Can't wait to get back up there this weekend. I'll be at Lucerrne all weeend if anyone wants to stop by and say hi.

Im4kokanee
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Ohhhhhh Boy,

11 more days till we are up there. I'm so stoked.

Thank you for the report.

Hope you do very well this weekend halojm.
See you in 11 - 12 days! thumbsup

macfreak
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
bduck i was using a rmt dodger with a pink squid,the white one also worked well. i caught a few on a green apex but the squid definatly out fished the apex i would say 3 to 1.

Mickey Thomas
07-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Good report, last year I was there at the end of July and we knocked them dead they too, maybe next year I might show up a little later. Our here in California we're catching them from 70'-90', water temp at New Melones is in the 80's. Can't fish past 10:00AM, it's 100 degrees by then, sure would like to go back to FG.