PDA

View Full Version : new melones

camotracker
07-26-2009, 01:05 AM
made my first trip ever to this lake and it won't be my last. started @ real dark thirty. couldn't find the iron ranger if my life depended on it. finally, paid and was on the way. i had the feeling to follow bill to this spot. and sure enough, it was the best choice. just minutes after sending the rigger down to 65ft. bam fish on. it was on for about and hour or so. got my limit and then some. released all the cookie cutters. off the water by 7ish and headed home. lots of usual suspects out there. to many to remember.

GVF strikes again. The emerald and the ruby were the hot lures for me today. Thanks Rich.

This one took one of my cookie cutter fish. And he didn't even thank me for doing all the work for him.

Not bad for only 1 1/2 hours on the lake.
til then, tightlines

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

MMDON
07-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the report Leo!

MMM

HiTechKoke
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Great report and definitely take advantage of the great Melones fishery if you are that close to it. It's just as crazy as Gorge fishing, minus the size of course!

Steve079
07-27-2009, 12:42 AM
New Melones has been generously providing limits since April. With such impressive limit numbers, I have to think that, along with the planting numbers, New Melones must also be developing a spawning population. With 2 forks of the Stanislaus feeding into it, along with a year round flow from Angels Creek, I hope it can continue to develop a healthy population of Kokes.
Anyway, good job Camo!

Nate G
07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
nice, well done

HiTechKoke
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
New Melones has been generously providing limits since April. With such impressive limit numbers, I have to think that, along with the planting numbers, New Melones must also be developing a spawning population. With 2 forks of the Stanislaus feeding into it, along with a year round flow from Angels Creek, I hope it can continue to develop a healthy population of Kokes.
Anyway, good job Camo!

Agreed SteveO - What needs to happen is for somebody to find them spawning in the streams, take pictures and let DFG know so they can visit and then take that into account when planting.

Paddleman
08-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I have fished Melones two times in the last week. Not as quick a bite as Camotracker but still ok. UV Apex and UV pink Hoochie were best. Fish were in the 12-14 inch range. 60 to 80 feet on the wire. Several boats out last Thursday. Was surprized for a week day. Mondays bite was slow. The fish are going deeper. Water temp in the morning was 79 deegrees at the surface.

HiTechKoke
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Glad to hear they are still getting caught Paddleman. They are going to spawn and die in a few more months so we should take them out of their misery and to the frying pan or smoker.

Kevin

camotracker
08-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Agreed SteveO - What needs to happen is for somebody to find them spawning in the streams, take pictures and let DFG know so they can visit and then take that into account when planting.

might hit melones or uvr one more time before i put the koke gear away.