PDA

View Full Version : Nice site

William Cooper
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I LOVE KOKANEE FISHING! need I say more.......I live in the East bay and mainly satisfy my koke habit at Berryessa's Skiers Cove Area. I got a little 14 ft Lund with Scotty electric DR's, a Lowrance 527 color FF, Black box, and tackle galore.... Lets go Fishing somewhere!

Bduck
07-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome WC thumbsup Looking fwd to your posts.

asautt
07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Welcome William.

Wow, Berryessa brings back some memories. Was stationed at Mare Island on a couple of occasions. Back in those days gearing up for a trip to Berryessa consisted of a Popiel Pocket fisherman, maybe a spare hook, a little box of worms, and three cases of beer.:eek:

Have various inlaws in S.F., San Mateo, and Hayward so maybe we'll cross paths one of these days.

Alan

Petty4life
07-26-2009, 04:54 AM
welcomethumbsup

SilverBullets
07-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Welcome aboard William! thumbsup

dunnigan jim
07-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Welcome William I also fish Berryessa as often as I can.. Hope to see you there

William Cooper
08-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys, maybe I will get out there this weekend 8-15-09, heard reports from other sites regarding the non-existent koke bite. Has anyone been fishing there recently? How about in the narrows or by the dam? Any help would be appreciated, as to not waste time in unproductive areas. I guess Ill start out at skiers cove and then head on up the narrows.

See you out on the water

HiTechKoke
08-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Hey William - Glad to have another Bay Area guy on board. It seems the narrows gets little pressure or reports as everyone hits the main lake and if you don't fish that area early you know how it gets. I did fish it mid season from Pleasure cove to the mouth of the main body and did pick up a few and marked them too so there is no reason for them not to be in there.

Latest I heard on the dam was few weeks ago and it wasn't productive but don't let that stop you from checking it out right after the 5MPH buoys. A lot of people have been fishing east and north of the big island but it seems fish are just pretty scattered. I'd like to try the mouth of the narrows and out in front of skiers cove as historically there seems to always be some fish around there. Good luck keep in touch when you are going up there so we can share info on the lake too.

Kevin

William Cooper
08-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update Kevin. I just read your report from last week. I will probably start at the mouth of the narrows then and travel towards the dam. Looks like Ill be there first thing saturday morning with a crew of two, plus myself. What channel on the radio do you guys monitor? Im usually on Ch 69

halojm
08-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Welcome aboard. Drop by and see us at the SAC ISE Show this year.thumbsup