PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Noob

asautt
07-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Greetings to all. Found this site back in March when I bought my new to me boat. Stopped in from time to time to get some pointers but was spending my time working on the boat instead of fishing.

Finally got the majority of overhaul work done and had a chance to get out on Lake Stevens yesterday. Went out primarily to check out my work, but was marking quite a few fish so thought as long as I was testing out the kicker I might as well wet a line. After a couple of Three Stooges attempts finally got my gear down with the downrigger. Well, before too very long the rod tip started to dance and I reeled in a 10" koke. First one I ever caught. tooexcited Later on I hooked up with a 13 incher that did the famous koke freak out that you all warned me about. I was thrilled! I think the bottom line is I may have hooked a couple of kokes but I'm the one that really got hooked.

Hope to learn a lot more here and contribute what I can.

Alan

MackPrince
07-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Welcome Alan. It is great to have another WA member!
We look forward to your posts and reports.thumbsup

SilverBullets
07-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Welcome aboard Alan! Looking forward to more reports from up your way. thumbsup Are you planning on trying Baker or Shannon Out?

Bduck
07-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Welcome Alan thumbsup This is a good place to learn to koke fish. Glad to see it worked out on your first outing. Be looking fwd to your future posts.

Radio Flyer
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Welcome aboard and thanks, now I'm not the new guylaugh hyst

asautt
07-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Silver Bullets - my friend at work had me convinced to go to Baker on my upcoming weekend (Tue/Wed) but the Arima factory just called and my last major part will be ready for pickup on Monday. Don't know if I can squeeze in a trip to Baker before a planned trip to Chelan over the fourth of August.

Radio Flyer - My pleasure to be the official "noobiest" for awhile. Good name BTW. My Arima has the big red stripe on the hull and was considering that name for her. Will defer to you and come up with something else.

Alan

Radio Flyer
07-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Alan, When I saw her in the show room the name just popped into my head and it fits really well as you can see from my avatar just a little red wagon.
and since you are way north of me Northern Flyer would be a good fitthumbsup