PDA

View Full Version : Late report on the gorge..

koke a nut
07-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Sorry for this late report, we left for the gorge on July 5th, and fished till the 11th. The first day was a little rough, but after a couple adjustments and help from a couple good guys my partner Witt Fingers and myself got into the Kokes.
We started up at Breeze Hill and really got into them just a little south of that.
Our main action was with Bahama Mama and RMT cotton candy hoochie. We ended up the day with over 20 kokes were happy. The next day we went back to Breeze Hill and with it being overcast, I tried some homemade hoochies in blue and purple with inserts of mylar, thank goodness I had made some extra's at Witt and I were having double after double after double. We lost count that day and that evening we hooked up with Jarred and his side kick from Calif and went to dinner which was a real treat. Witt and I both enjoyed that evening and getting to know Jarred a little more. The next day with sun shinning bright we started at Breeze Hill, but ended up down by Skunk Cliff, which a local we met informed us he had chnged the name to Crap Cliff, because of the lime deposits from the eagles. We were using the good ole Mama's some more and those cotton candy hoochies. That evening we went down to the ranch and in a cove just south of that we got into a school that we knew there were some real big ones but the biggest we could get was 3 11...so the 4 pounders eluded us but there will always be another time to get into them. We headed out Sat morning as Witt had gotten word his father wasn't doing good, so we left a day earlier than we had wanted to but after all, family does come first. We really enjoyed our stay there and the camp life was great with every one from Kokanee Power all being together at Holmes Crossing. One other fun thing was a fresh fish fry put on by Tammy and her Husband and Dave, along with Gerald and his sweet wife, those women can cook. After wards we had a nice peice of birthday cake for Big John Minnis. So a fun time was had. I won't be posting any pictures as I am having a problem with that part, but will get that taken care of in the next couple days.

Doug

dunnigan jim
07-24-2009, 07:19 AM
DOUG Better late then never on the post. We all had a great time at the Gorge that week..thumbsup Check out my post it has some pics of the group , also a pic of you and Witt.. See you at Stampede. JIM