PDA

View Full Version : The Pig Again

dubob
07-23-2009, 05:12 PM
I went up to Porcupine again on 22 July. The water is down from full pool about 10 feet and the surface temp was about 72. We got there and started fishing about 8:30 AM. We had two hits in the first 5 minutes and put one in the boat. Then it slowed right down. We fished until 2:30 PM and boated 5 kokanees. We put one back that was maybe 6 inches long and kept the other 4 which were in the 12/13” range,

We fished at all depths between 20 and 60 feet as we were marking fish and schools in that range. All fish were caught between 25 and 30 feet. We trolled RMTs with a squid or a spin-n glow. The spin-n-glows accounted for more strikes and fish caught.

This was also the first trip catching kokes on the new 7 foot Ugly Stick Ultra Lites. They were very nice on these smallish kokes. We could see the slightest taps and always new when the fish were on.

That’s it for this trip.

Petty4life
07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Kokaholic and i hit it on the 24th. expecting it to be crowded we where supirised that we where the first ones on the lake just after7am.caught a few kokes mostly on rmt squids (pinkhaze, pink splatter, pearlescent, double glow pink) and even got some on a spin&low that kokonuts sent me to try. used rmt dodger is verous patterns (pink crushed glow, pink bahama, hyper plad) 24-40 ft

smokepoles
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I was fly fishing the river Sunday afternoon, and there were a number of boats heading down canyon. I was quite surprised.