PDA

View Full Version : fishfinders

Petty4life
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
What kind of fishfinder do you chase kokes with?

I recently upgraded mine to a lowrance lcx-27c w/gps 200khz transducer single frequency

Lunkerhunter2
08-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Eagle Seacharter 500C DF color/gps/dual freq.
Best finder i have ever owned.

FishHunter
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I use an Eagle Seacharter 502C DFi - color, gps, dual frequency - almost identical to LunkerHunter2.

JIGGIT
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
im running a old lorrance x27 when trolling and a litle cheap eagle when jigging. that eagle is the best finder ive ever had. it never lies. for 69 bucks brand new. but im going to up grade to a larger lorrance. then get a large gps. like jimmys set up. i dont want split screen. the older i get the less i will see on split screen. id like to have a blue toothe system for my sonar and gps. move it anywhare in the boat with out wires. how cool could that be?

hillbilly
08-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Hummingbird 565, It aint the best but it works good.

Kokaholic
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Lowrance lms -350 w/gps. oldy but a goody. will be upgradeing this next year

bobco
08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
lowarnce lcx111, love the 10.4" big screen just wish I could get espn on the thing!! with the navionics chip it is like cheating!

Propnut69
08-08-2008, 10:25 AM
uggggggggggg,I have been having some fishfinder issues of my own lately. Early last summer I bought a new bottom line 5100.I really liked the finder,it had all the bell's and whistles that I needed,and I really liked the bigger screen. Well a couple Saturdays ago I get to the lake ,and the finder is telling me it is not getting any signal from the transducer. After a full day of fishing with out a finder ,we get off the water and take a look at the transducer. It has a big crack right down the middle of it,and water it dripping out of it:mad:. Damn dirt road anyway. Well bright and early Monday morning I'm on the phone to bottomline. As it turn out bottomline was bought out by hummingbird:( Humming bird is doing away with some of the bottomline models and their accessories . I talked to six different vendors,that handle bottomline transducers. Only to be told we don't have it,but we were supposed to have them last week,two months ago.cry me a river so I start looking for a new finder,after asking lots of questions,and doing my research,I settled for a Lowrance x-135. I only have about 8 hours of use ,but so far I do like it. The only real draw back is getting use to the smaller screen,but I think I will keep it:) One of the things I really like about Lowrance is that they have computer programs for their finders,that can be downloaded to your puter. This really helped cut down on the learning curve. Sorry for typing a book,just to ask a simple question,but i had to rant about this somewhere.

Petty4life
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
the x-135 is a very good unit i used one for 2 yrs till i upgraded to the
lcx27c, it has plenty of power at 4000watts.

bobco
08-09-2008, 09:15 PM
uggggggggggg,I have been having some fishfinder issues of my own lately. Early last summer I bought a new bottom line 5100.I really liked the finder,it had all the bell's and whistles that I needed,and I really liked the bigger screen. Well a couple Saturdays ago I get to the lake ,and the finder is telling me it is not getting any signal from the transducer. After a full day of fishing with out a finder ,we get off the water and take a look at the transducer. It has a big crack right down the middle of it,and water it dripping out of it:mad:. Damn dirt road anyway. Well bright and early Monday morning I'm on the phone to bottomline. As it turn out bottomline was bought out by hummingbird:( Humming bird is doing away with some of the bottomline models and their accessories . I talked to six different vendors,that handle bottomline transducers. Only to be told we don't have it,but we were supposed to have them last week,two months ago.cry me a river so I start looking for a new finder,after asking lots of questions,and doing my research,I settled for a Lowrance x-135. I only have about 8 hours of use ,but so far I do like it. The only real draw back is getting use to the smaller screen,but I think I will keep it:) One of the things I really like about Lowrance is that they have computer programs for their finders,that can be downloaded to your puter. This really helped cut down on the learning curve. Sorry for typing a book,just to ask a simple question,but i had to rant about this somewhere.
EBAY or most ducers run at 200khz so it does not have to be a bottom line transducer, Lowrance make a connector kit for the lcx , maybe Bottom line did the same? if not you can spllice the old connecter onto a new ducer....

SCRODYCAT
08-10-2008, 12:38 AM
I invested in Humminbirds 797 with side imaging... I have yet to figure out all its features. I have been impressed with it so far. Great gps/finder...a bit on the pricey side. Sure hope it pays off.

MackPrince
08-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Currently I use water temp, barometric pressure, and moon phase with a sharp hook, but am looking at purchasing a portable unit with a suction mount, or a small unit with a dual cone transducer. Perhaps a 565, Cuda or other.

FishHunter
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Currently I use water temp, barometric pressure, and moon phase with a sharp hook, but am looking at purchasing a portable unit with a suction mount, or a small unit with a dual cone transducer. Perhaps a 565, Cuda or other.

I have had 2 hummingbird portable fishfinders and both were garbage. Neither one of them worked at all. They both had be sent back for warranty work and the factory replaced several parts, even the transducers, and they still didn't work. Both had the same problem - they showed hundreds of fish on the screen constantly and depths from 200 up to 1000 ft when I was still in 10 feet of water. I still have one, but it is a boat anchor.

MackPrince
08-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Good to know about the portables. Were those the clamp-on buddy style or others?

FishHunter
08-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Good to know about the portables. Were those the clamp-on buddy style or others?

These were not the clamp on style. They were in black hard cases and used a 6 volt battery for power. They pop up and look just like a Hummingbird fish finder and the transducer attached to the boat with a suction cup. They were the best portable fishfinders I could find at the time according to all the reviews, but they just didn't work. I paid about $150 each for them about 3 or 4 years ago.

HiTechKoke
08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Lowrance 26CHD is my primary unit. I also run my older Humminbird Wide 3D Paramount one in parallell when fishing structure or canyons as it gives me the bottom contour in a 3D contour view which is pretty valuable to stay out of trouble.