PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 7-22 Doubles, Triple and troubles...

Kokanee Wizard
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I fished New Melones with my neighbor who has pancreatic cancer but is still doing well. I took it easy on him and we didn't get to the lake until 6:30. Put three lines in the water around 7 near one of the two fleets. We had two doubles and one triple with some time in between as I was giving him a tour of the area. He had lots of fun and I enjoyed seeing him have a good day. As for the troubles, I must have had three or four tangled lures which also entertained my guest. Best combo was a UL UV Mad Pink spinner, Kokanee Special scented corn behind a RMT pink splatter dodger at 60 to 66' 1.4 mph.

We pulled out a little before 10 with 8 kokes and one nice rainbow that weighed 2 lbs 4 oz. Stopped at Rodz diner for brunch on the way home.

Sorry no pics, I misplaced my camera and was kept pretty busy setting up rods and dropping the downriggers. Now where did I leave that camera...

Bduck
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I think its fantastic to be able to help people out that has lifes struggles. Good on ya Wiz. Glad your friend enjoyed the outing. One thing though, I've yet to find a diner with those specials. laugh hyst

HiTechKoke
07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Way to go Kokanee Wizard and a great story getting somebody else out to take there mind off of their troubles.

Kokanee Wizard
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
One thing though, I've yet to find a diner with those specials. laugh hyst

Thanks for making me smile. I'll try to keep my thoughts in order next time.

GVF
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Glad to see Phil got out and had a good time Well done D

koke a nut
07-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Good on you, it is always nice to see someone have a good time and forget their problems, you made a nice story and a good day.
Doug

SilverBullets
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
That was a great report Kokanee Wizard!worthy12 Thanks for sharing...