PDA

View Full Version : New Melonies 7/16

koke a nut
07-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Had a chance to get out, so I took my Chiropractor and son who had never caught a koke, so we met at Glory Hole at 6am, boat in and first fish in the boat at 6:40am. Since the Doc had to work in the early afternoon we fished till 10;45. By the time we pulled out we had 11 Kokes, ranging from 11 to 16 1/2. They were thrilled with the action, we started at the spillway where my screen was lit up from 30 to 70 ft, no one around, we ahd doubles, triples and rods going off right and left. Then we were spotted and the army came running. We ended up off of Rose Island and pulled in 2 to finish off the day. We were using Vance dodgers with Uncle Larry pink and green splatter, switched to sling blades and pink hoochies and didn't seem to make any different. Sorry about the late report and no photos but busy with moving and a million things going on this is my first chance.
Doug

HiTechKoke
07-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey Doug - Thanks for the report and glad you got one in that 16.5 class as they are pretty rare and very few fish like that turned up for the recent PK derby. Hopefully you have hooked your crew on Kokanee fishing.

Hope you had a good trip to the Gorge and let us know how it went.

Kevin

Had a chance to get out, so I took my Chiropractor and son who had never caught a koke, so we met at Glory Hole at 6am, boat in and first fish in the boat at 6:40am. Since the Doc had to work in the early afternoon we fished till 10;45. By the time we pulled out we had 11 Kokes, ranging from 11 to 16 1/2. They were thrilled with the action, we started at the spillway where my screen was lit up from 30 to 70 ft, no one around, we ahd doubles, triples and rods going off right and left. Then we were spotted and the army came running. We ended up off of Rose Island and pulled in 2 to finish off the day. We were using Vance dodgers with Uncle Larry pink and green splatter, switched to sling blades and pink hoochies and didn't seem to make any different. Sorry about the late report and no photos but busy with moving and a million things going on this is my first chance.
Doug

Nate G
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
right on thx 4 the info