PDA

View Full Version : Wickiup 7/18

Fallriverguy
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I fished Wickiup again with a friend. We fished from 8:30 to 1:30.
We tried to follow the pink hoochie theme from last weekend. First thing it was again a pink R&K hoochie matched with a Jenson 4/0 dodger that produced well. After that a Rocky Mountain Tackle (RMT) UV pink hoochie matched with the Shasta Tackle (ST) sling blade kicked-in followed by a RMT double glow pink. Around noon the R&K pink hoochie with a ST black diamond sling blade started catching fish.

The bites did not come as often as last weekend, but they were pretty steady. We had a bunch of drive bys, and some LDRs and one or two SDR. We fished the same place as last weekend and garlic scented corn worked well again.

It was a great day on the water and hot enough that I put my top up.

A couple of nice ones.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/w090718a.JPG

Board meeting.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/090718b.JPG

SilverBullets
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Way to go FRG! I'm surprised the kokes haven't got wise to you yet... you'd think by now they'd recognize the bottom of your boat!:eek:

fish-on-bend
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
The ones that recognize the bottom of his boat are already in it. laugh hyst Nice job Brian. I gotta get out there.

twisted lines
07-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice! Almost glad you didn't see me out there. laugh hyst

SilverBullets
07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice! Almost glad you didn't see me out there. laugh hyst

Hey Twisted...How deep did you have to dive for that net, and while you were down there, did you happen to see any koke schools swimming by?laugh hyst

twisted lines
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey Twisted...How deep did you have to dive for that net, and while you were down there, did you happen to see any koke schools swimming by?laugh hyst

About a foot farther then I could reach from the boat thumbsup No schools but my hat and sunglasses were in my face. I still netted the fish. Hey Frg any Pointers on long lining

Fallriverguy
07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey Frg any Pointers on long lining

Hittem high
Hittem low
Hittem haaard

DLM
07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
About a foot farther then I could reach from the boat thumbsup No schools but my hat and sunglasses were in my face. I still netted the fish. Hey Frg any Pointers on long lining

Did you see another net by chance? Never lay a net on top of the bimini top when it is icy! Don't ask me how I know this.:mad:

Fallriverguy
07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Don't forget to attach dodger and lure to main line before tossing overboard. Don't ask me how I know this...

twisted lines
08-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Did you see another net by chance? Never lay a net on top of the bimini top when it is icy! Don't ask me how I know this.:mad:

Didn't get in this weekend but sure thought about it, It was hot but I did find a few areas that I was looking at the bottom very easily 4' didn't see it.