PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 7-18-09 - A decent day...

HiTechKoke
07-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Fished Berryessa on Sat with a friend David and we managed to bring home our limits of fish. We had to work for them and rotated a lot of gear but it was good justification for having a lot of gear! We started out between Skier's and Goat and popped a few fish and then headed over to the greater Big Island area to join the small fleets of boats. Fish were 53 to 73 feet deep and came on a variety of things like:

Red (Orange) RGT's
Pink / Glow RGT's
Natural RGT
UV Pink Apex
Pink UV RMT Spinner
UL Mad Cow

Fish were from 13 to just over 17 for us and still fiesty and a few came up to do aeriels from 73 feet which was insane. It was hotter than Hades out there but still a lot of fun. Here's a few pics of the bigger fish:

Full_Monte
07-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Outstanding, Kevin...with all the fishing pressure those kokes have had, it's amazing that you can still catch them.

SilverBullets
07-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Great report HiTech! Some days I spend alot time changing set-ups also... there's always something they'll hit on. thumbsup Have you given the jigs a try yet this year?

HiTechKoke
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Great report HiTech! Some days I spend alot time changing set-ups also... there's always something they'll hit on. thumbsup Have you given the jigs a try yet this year?

We have not tried jigging yet but yesterday night have been an opportunity if it wasn't so hot as we were dragging them up near bottom and found some sufficient schools. Will definitely try jigging again at Pardee as the fish are really schooled up there late in the year. It's so hard to break the trolling habit!

Kevin

HiTechKoke
07-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Outstanding, Kevin...with all the fishing pressure those kokes have had, it's amazing that you can still catch them.

My fishing partner David schooled me on rotating and finding something that worked so when in Rome... I followed suit.

camotracker
07-19-2009, 04:00 PM
sweet report bud. glad you bared the head for som fish. congrats

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Fallriverguy
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Good job on figuring out what works.

It does look hot especially with no wind. I was just in S. Cal. and this Oregon boy is not use to the temps, and wind that feels like it is coming out of a hair dryer.