PDA

View Full Version : Shaver Lake 7/18

dbcfr
07-19-2009, 02:37 AM
We were out at Shaver today with the 3 year old grandson for his first fish a nice fat 15" Koknee and 11 more for him to call his own. I am just priming the well I am going to need someone to leave all of this Koknee stuff to thumbsup

We started late about 9:30 trolled the dam area until about 2:30 fish were at 45 feet in 58 deg water. the hot ticket for the day was hot pink and splatter orange RMT squids behind RMT bahama mamma dodgers, SP corn with sand shrimp and garlic at 1.0 to 1.2 MPH and classic rock on the radio...the launch ramp parking lot was full of jet ski and ski boat trailers and the lake was crowded and choppy from all the boat traffic. I really don't like fishing on the weekends( the weekday there are only 2 or 3 trailers in the parking lot and it's nice and quite) but my daughter and son-n-law and grandkids only came out for the weekend and I promised Zack (3) that grandpa would take him fishing on the boat.

Will post pictures soon

HiTechKoke
07-19-2009, 11:15 AM
I have this feeling the grandson will be asking you again soon when you are going to go fishing again. You were pretty brave to keep fishing in the skier crowd but it sounds like it paid off. Tks for the report.

Kevin

dbcfr
07-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Ya, Kevin there should be a hunting session for jet skiers and water skiers starting say May 1st ending Oct 31st open to any lake, no rim fire aloud, no limit that would keep them away from fishing boats…thumbsup laugh hyst
Dave B