PDA

View Full Version : It's still fishing season!!

binthere50
07-16-2009, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, is nobody fishing or what?....where are all reports??
Is the fishing that bad at the Gorge right now?.....Us Calif guys need these reports to live!....Lets go.. report on with pride even if it was not epic!
I'm heading back to the Gorge again in 2 weeks, I need something to keep
my spirits up:)...........Hi Fish, thanks for your PM reply about bucks and the old man!......We'll see you there!..........Mike

halojm
07-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Actually the gorge has been so hot that we want to keep it a secret

Code4
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM
O.K. Not a blistering day but we went out last Sunday and launched at Squaw. Started south of the ranch house on the east side and immediately got into them. They were hitting at 30' and seemed to prefer green first thing in the morning. We stayed in this spot most of the morning, then jumped across the lake and hit the cliffs on the west side. Got hit several times but couldn't get them on the line. Went back across to where we started early and got into them again but a little farther south, again at 30'. Seemed to like the RMT UV pink dodger and the UV pink squid the best (or at least that was what we had on and they hit.) We ended up boating four and probably had 7 more on that got off due to operator errorlaugh hyst. Some would barely hit and not pull the line out of the rigger and some hit so hard they snapped off lures! Got blown off about 2:30.

FISH
07-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Actually the gorge has been so hot that we want to keep it a secret

well i need to come out with you becouse I suck this yr the worst yr i have ever had. we have had a few good days but way more no fish days than the big numbers iam use to. Iam so frustrated iam ready to put the boat up and start scouting my goat and muley.crymeariver

binthere50
07-16-2009, 08:02 PM
halojm.....how can you sell tackle like that!...lol...
Very mixed reports right now.....in any case we are heading back there
in 2 weeks....you can PM me if you want:).......Mike

binthere50
07-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reports guys!.......being 1000 miles away it is important
to hear it all, good or bad.......Mike

SmokeOnTheWater
07-17-2009, 12:49 AM
My wife and I were in the same area as Code4 only difference was we hit the lake on Friday and Saturday. Friday was a bluebird day with bright sun and warm temps. Surface water temp in the 64 degree range. Couldn't get bit on Friday until we dropped to about 50' and started hooking up. Got a late start (10am) but still boated seven nice fish.

Saturday was better with heavy overcast skies for most of the day with a few afternoon rain squals! Got lines in the water about 7am and immediately started getting hits (within 30 seconds of setting the rigger). Must have dropped it right on their breakfast table. First hit came on a Father Murphy Bug about 10" behind a 5" RMT flasher down about 20'. Didn't mark too many fish but they seemed HUNGRY! Biggest producer of the day was Jared's pink & white assassin spinner about 18" behind a similar flasher. We're dragging these lures about 75' behind the release. All 14 fish boated on Saturday took all but 3 hours and were of good quality with many starting to get hook jawed and showing a hint of color. Due to the overcast, the fish were higher in the water column, picked nothing up below 40'.

I would have posted on Monday if my #%$%&()(JHT%^^&& computer hadn't gone belly up. Same #%$%&()(JHT%^^&& computer will not allow me to download my pictures either. Going shopping tomorrow for a new one. Pictures may follow if I get set back up soon????

halojm
07-17-2009, 07:26 AM
halojm.....how can you sell tackle like that!...lol...
Very mixed reports right now.....in any case we are heading back there
in 2 weeks....you can PM me if you want:).......MikeOkay now I feel bad. Here is a picture of my daughter with 2 of the 42 we caught last weekend using RMT double glow pink squid.

Radio Flyer
07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the great info , I'm headed that way in 2 weeks will be stopping over in the Star valley first then on to the Gorge. I have 3 weeks to fish Wyoming and Idaho with a pal from work. Probably be at FG around the 6th or 7th of August. Squaw Hollow is where we stayed last time.thumbsup

Code4
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Radio Flyer,
Not sure where you stayed at Squaw last time but due to the higher water levels there isn't much flat ground to park a camper on or whatever you are staying in. FYI you might have to hunt around a bit to find a suitable location near the ramp. Good luck.thumbsup

binthere50
07-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Good halojm.....you should feel bad!....no..kidding...very nice to hear a good report like that, and I'm glad you had an epic trip!!.....I hope there are a few
silvers bullets left in 10 days!!....If you don't mind, is there still a good % of
fish that are bright?....or are most turning?.....I'm just curious as what to expect in 2 weeks........Thanks,.........Mike

halojm
07-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey Mike
Most are still bright silver. Some of the bigger bucks are starting to turn already. They are hookin up getting narly teeth and turnin pink on the belly. Got a call this afternoon from a friend of mine that is fishing this weekend and he told m they are still just south of the pipe in about 50 feet of water. Wish I could be there but the work has me going to Greece for a week. Will miss two weekends of fishing but will be there every weekend after that until the kok season is over. Hope to see you there.thumbsup

FISH
07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Good halojm.....you should feel bad!....no..kidding...very nice to hear a good report like that, and I'm glad you had an epic trip!!.....I hope there are a few
silvers bullets left in 10 days!!....If you don't mind, is there still a good % of
fish that are bright?....or are most turning?.....I'm just curious as what to expect in 2 weeks........Thanks,.........Mike

Mike i limited up this morning and all are startin to change fast hookin and lossen scales but still good meat on them middle marsh sucks but i did limit up trolled from the ranch to anvil to get a limit found a pile of kokes in front of anvil cliffs and limited up fast should have tryed to jig'em but oh well next week i will start snagin them.couldnt get any thing on glows all fish were caught on the bahma5'' and the white squid.

binthere50
07-22-2009, 04:40 AM
Hey Fish when you guys fish anvil pipeline and those spots, do you launch
from Lucerne?...or still from buckboard?....I need to get a slip for my boat
which
place seems like the right marina to have my boat for this trip....??
Mike

FISH
07-22-2009, 12:29 PM
my house is only 10min from anvil so i just put in there i went out this mornig and caught 1 koke and a few pup macs saw a few fish caught but nothing red hot the one i did get was 5.1 not a bad koke hooked jawed and pink belly i did lose 3 other kokes i had a double and didnt know which to get so i lost them both i just flat suck this yr on the kokes iam goin back to old school in the morning 8'' hot spot and a 26'' leader to a green squid see what happens if you are going to leave your boat in the water lucerne is your best bet its like 18mil or so from the pipe to bucky.ash

binthere50
07-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks Ash.......anybody doing anything up at Buckboard?...Skunk cliffs,
Breeze hill, or the Ranch area?........I have not heard....we will probably
keep the boat at Lucerne until we know different.....Mike