PDA

View Full Version : fontenelle 8/4

Propnut69
08-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I figured it was time to fish fontenelle,I haven't fished it since May. The water level has risen dramatically in the last six weeks,and is holding at full pool. I was hoping the fish weren't to confused by the increase in all this water. As it turned out at the end of the day ,I was just as confused as they were. I fished from one end to the other ,and many different spots in between. the water closest to the dam was the worst.It was littered with algae everywhere. It looked like with the level increasing the way it did,it sure stirred things up. . Marked very few fish in this area,it used to be a key spot for catching fish.. In fact I marked very few fish all day,and when I did it was only a couple at a time. I threw ever thing in the tackle box at them,and was rewarded with three small rainbows for my efforts,no kokes ,or browns. Surface temps was about 69degs when I started,and was hovering around 72 when I left,way ,way to hot for the fish to be very active.

On the plus side ,it is great to see fontenelle at full pool.It has been a few years since I have seen it this full. I used the upper ramp with no problems.It might take a little longer to drive to it,but for me it's a lot easier to use. the ramp by the dam,is steeper then a cow's face. Lots and lots of pelicans out and about.Kind of strange to see these birds,where they were.but they sure are graceful looking when they are flying. I will wait for the water to clear ,and the temps to drop ,before making the run up there again. Fall fishing on fontnelle can be outstanding at times.

Kokaholic
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Right on Tim. Was wondering which way you were going to go after we talked. A change of scenerywas also probably nice to.

Propnut69
08-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Mark,you are so right about a change of scenery. I love fishing at the gorge as much as the next guy,but it was nice to see a different shore line for a change.

Kokaholic
08-08-2008, 10:40 AM
You wait until Petty and I go fishing with you, You will see a change of scenery You will die of laughter with us!laugh hystthumbsup:D