PDA

View Full Version : Gear for L.P.

idaho_Grizz
07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Help a old fisherman out, been fishing L.P latety and doing ok but not great. Haven't fished kokes since the late 70's, so am old schooling it with wedding rings and and small kokanee trolls. Have been trying dodges and kokanee killers with not much luck, also have tried small hoochies with no luck. Help this old fart out, I really need some smoked kokes Thanks Grizz

DragginBalls
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Grizz are you running downriggers? It seems that you are on the right track just not sure how deep you are getting. If you don't see them on the electronics then keep moving. pm me if you want more info.

BlueBack79
08-02-2009, 06:11 PM
we pretty much strictly use wedding rings. have a large variety of colors and combos. my dad builds custom wedding rings. the color choices he can build are pretty much endless. pm me if youre interested. i can put you in touch with him. we pretty much only use double hook set ups. its amazing how many more kokes you net having that set up. just make sure whatever you have, you have a few of them. good luck!

heres a couple pics of some of the hook set ups....that i have been tying up for him. fingers have been a little numb lately. ha ha.

maghunter
08-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey I like those knots what is it called? I did a google search to try and find the best way to tie double hook rigs, the best I could find is called the tricked out egg loop on Utube, its a nice knot but kinda a pain to tie. That knot you've got is more what I was looking to learn how to tie.

BlueBack79
08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
i hate to disappoint you, but thats what mine are too. they are just a double egg loop knot. i tried looking up that video you refered to, but couldnt find it. i found one of a guy in a oregon sweatshirt tying a double egg loop. i didnt like the way he did it though. they are pretty simple once you get it down. if you can tie a single, then you can tie a double. the only things you do differently are slide the second hook on "backwards", so both hooks are facing the same direction. the other thing is when you are making your loops for the egg hook, make sure to go around both hooks. wow, i know that probably didnt make any sense. ha ha. maybe ill try and do a little video and post it. if you have any questions, hit me up.

maghunter
08-03-2009, 11:17 AM
here is the link to the one I found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIO6sE376yQ
see if you like this knot, its pretty simple I just need to practice it some more.

BlueBack79
08-03-2009, 09:53 PM
thats a pretty cool knot. i tied one up....and its pretty easy. the problem is this. on smaller size hooks (i was using a #6), getting the "pimp" loop through the eye of the second hook is an absolute pain in the butt!! i could have tied 5 regular double egg loops in the amount of time this one took....just cause i couldnt get it through the eye. larger hooks it would be awesome. im glad you posted it though. ill keep looking for a good video for ya.

coty449
08-03-2009, 10:18 PM
What's wrong with the simple snelled hook ties? It works for me for 2 or 3 hook rigs.

BlueBack79
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
nothing wrong with it at all. the eggloop knots are just what i prefer to tie. super easy for me to do up. its all about sticking with what you know.