PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Peak 7-12

Mojo
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Fished till just before the wind storm hit today. We got 9, 6 of them were really nice 17-18 inchers. We caught fish from 15 to 45 feet. All I can say is we did best when we were experimenting. Pink and orange were the hot colors.

MMDON
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
18 inchers! That's bigger than what we are seeing at Ririe! I think the bite will pick up on red and pink as they move into full spawning mode. The fish on Ririe are probably only worth keeping for another week before they start absorbing their scales and turning.

DragginBalls
07-14-2009, 12:40 AM
I took my mom and sister to LP on Sunday. We got our 18 fish with 9 being the big ones. We fished from 10:30 till 4:30 with a wind storm break for about an hour. The fish are on fire with a pink hoochie! I got limits all last week letting the 15 inchers go for the big guys. Lots of fun, the big boys are fiesty as heck.

kodiak1
07-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the report, DB. And I'll bet you didn't see one kicker go to the bottom!!! You convinced me to head up there while they are still nice and bright. Are they still running around 30 feet? Glad you pulled through for the family outing! Mike

Excaliber
07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
The fishing has been pretty good the last two weeks. We had limit fishing the past three trips with 3,2 and 2 people off only one Downrigger.
We have been working down 20-40' with RMT, FWG Dodgers and spinners, Hoochies & GVF Clowns( Pink & Green)

The last trip we had 5 over 17 with two right at 18 inches or just over.
Yesterday we caught three that were over 18", two of them were creeping close to 19" and two others over 16 or better.

We had a few smaller ones come loose in the net and sent them back to grow up hoping for more bigger ones but we couldn't find the last kicker so we only took 11 home.

There was a hour or so yesterday that I couldn't even get the rod loaded up in the rod holder before they were out of the clip.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z258/excaliber551/kokes3.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z258/excaliber551/Kokes2.jpg

DragginBalls
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice catch EX. I have been fishing 38 to 48 feet deep. I run four downriggers and have had great luck as well. Pink hoochie behind RMT dodgers has been the ticket for me. I will be up there on Thursday to see if I can still get them. The bigger ones are starting to get a small amount of color from what I have seen. Good luck Mike and say Hi if you see me.

Mike

Excaliber
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
I wish we could fish during the week but having to work kills that. What kind of boat are you fishing out of?
We are in the 15" Gregor with Honda 20 HP ,one DR. Say Hi if you troll by.

DragginBalls
07-15-2009, 05:33 PM
20' Sea Nymph with the name on the side. Should have avatar of it now.

kodiak1
07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Mike, I sure will say hi next time I see you, and your boat is hard to miss. My wife and I are heading up to L.P. Friday morning, and then we are heading up to Cascade on Saturday. I just can't handle L.P. on the weekends! Good luck on Thursday, and I will hope for the same Friday. Mike

DragginBalls
07-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Hope you did well today Mike. I had two groups yesterday and fishing was a little tough. I ended up with a limit on the first three people and then I limited the next three from 4 til 9. The second group got all big fish. It seemed to turn on during the evening a little more. Big fish are starting to turn a little depended what school you get in to. Some are still nice and bright though. Seen Idahogrizz yesterday but not sure how they did.

kodiak1
07-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, we had to work for them. I recall limiting every trip last summer from early July till the fish began turning. I also remember that they were concentrated at this time of year at a certain level. It seems like that has been true ever since I started fishing for them way too many years ago to count!! But it sure wasn't true this A.M. Graphed them from near the surface to 65 feet. My wife and I were only able to fish about 2 1/2 hours. Started out pretty decent, but then the door slammed. Ended up with 7 fish from 14" to 18+. They seemed to prefer pink hootchies. (Good practice, because we will be dragging pink hootchies all over the Straits of Juan de Fuca in three weeks for pink salmon!) They seemed to prefer the lead core over my two downriggers, in that it caught all but one. Go figure. Every one else seemed to be struggling. On to Cascade tomorrow. Glad you got fish for everyone yesterday. Sounds like a long time on the water. Mike

idaho_Grizz
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
D.B is the man, I didn't do very good even with him giving me good info. Didn't have the right color and no matter what I tried just couldn't get them to hit. Am restocking and going to hit it next week. Been years sense I fished kokes and my lure and color slection it's what it need to be. All I ever used at Anderson was a gang troll and wedding rings. L.P is a different type of fishing but it fun. Thanks to all who are helping me and D.B. leave me a fish or two, I still need a few more for the smoker Grizz

Excaliber
07-18-2009, 04:14 PM
The fishing today was pretty fast and furious. We were done at 9:15 with limits for two. We had 4 over 16 with two real brutes that were 18+ and very fat.
Biggest ones weight wise so far this year.

The bigger fish are really turning pink and one was so Red you would have thought he should have been headed upstream to spawn. A couple of them pulled the rod down into the water peeling drag. We had one pull the rod down then come jumping out of the water two times.
That was pretty neat.
Those bigger ones put on quite a show as they were really fighting hard. Depending on the school, they are either good sized and turning pink or smaller and nice and bright.

DragginBalls
07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Got my fish this morning. 2 big ones 3 mediums and a small that was bleeding and I could not release. Actually tried to make him go but he floated so I went back around and put him back in the net. Took 2 hours for the six fish. Had two losses with one being the large model. I am not used to netting those babies by myself, what an Art.