PDA

View Full Version : need help with my fish finder reads 1100' in 200' of water

kokaneeking
07-11-2009, 03:53 AM
I have an eagle fish mark 320 on my 16' flatbottom. It works fine in shallow water but when i get into deeper water it gives crazy readings like 1100' when the water is only around 200' deep. I also have a cheapo bottom line that came with my boat, I thought I may have been getting interferance from the transducer on the bottom line 1100. the bottom line transducer frequency is 455KHz the eagle is 200KHz so I'm thinking they shouldn't interfear with each other but I have no experiance with sonar. If anyone has any ideas of what might be wrong I would be very greatfull.

Bduck
07-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Try sending a PM to TrophyTaker. I went thru the same thing with my lowrance and he was able to help me out. Eagle is made by Lowrance. TrophyTaker is a Lowrance Rep. By the way. Welcome to the forum. thumbsup

kokaneeking
07-11-2009, 04:09 AM
Try sending a PM to TrophyTaker. I went thru the same thing with my lowrance and he was able to help me out. Eagle is made by Lowrance. TrophyTaker is a Lowrance Rep. By the way. Welcome to the forum. thumbsup

thanks for the quick response and the warm welcomethumbsup

SilverBullets
07-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I have an eagle fish mark 320 on my 16' flatbottom. It works fine in shallow water but when i get into deeper water it gives crazy readings like 1100' when the water is only around 200' deep. I also have a cheapo bottom line that came with my boat, I thought I may have been getting interferance from the transducer on the bottom line 1100. the bottom line transducer frequency is 455KHz the eagle is 200KHz so I'm thinking they shouldn't interfear with each other but I have no experiance with sonar. If anyone has any ideas of what might be wrong I would be very greatfull.

Does the Eagle work fine with the Bottom Line turned off? My fishfinder had a problem with depth readings and adjusting the sensitivity helped. Also, where are the ducer's located? I've read you can get interference if their too close together.

kokaneeking
07-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Does the Eagle work fine with the Bottom Line turned off? My fishfinder had a problem with depth readings and adjusting the sensitivity helped. Also, where are the ducer's located? I've read you can get interference if their too close together.

i'm going to try unhooking the bottom line completly this week and see if the eagle functions properly.

TBtoad
07-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I was having the same problem with my Lawrance. It was reading way over the acutual depth and flashing. I have another lawrance I use on the back of my boat. I found out I need to change the ping speed so it was different between the two. It helped the problem. I also did a soft reset on the main sonar. Running one on 50 and the other on 200 khz helped also. Make sure your transducer is still working. I am on my third one for my main sonar.
TBtoad