PDA

View Full Version : The Gorge 7/6-7/9

dunnigan jim
07-11-2009, 02:06 AM
We left Sacramento Ca. Sat. @11 AM. Drove staight thu to Green River arrived at the Ace Hdw. at 2:30 Sun. morning .Got a few hours sleep till the store opened at 8. Picked up some food and ice and headed for squall hollow to camp. Sarted out mon. morning to fish near the rock wall across from the boat launch (Squall Hollow) started slow till we figured what to use. Caught fish up to 3.6#. Tues. on the water at 5:30 am slow morning till @11am then had fish every 5 min. for about an hour. Wed went up to Buckboard to try our luck slow caught 1- 2.11# koke Headed back to Squall hollow area and hooked a few more fish. Thu. fished just south of the launch on the west side and caught fish in that area took 3 hours to catch our last fish to fill our limit of 9 for the 3 of us. keeped fish from 2.6 to 3.6#. This was our first trip to the Gorge but not our last . Looking forward to next year. The bite was off and on all 4 days with the water raising @ 12" by the time we left on fri. . We trolled 1.6 to 1.8 used pink-purple-green lures uv and plaid hyper blades-water mellon-pink/copper. I hope the pics come up.

dunnigan jim
07-11-2009, 02:12 AM
More Pics. THE LAST PIC IS SOME OF THE GREAT COMPANY OF K/P FRIENDS WE FISHED WITH

redmanjr1
07-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Jim,
Great post and pics. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

Propnut69
07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I fished Squaw hollow on tuesday and remember seeing these boats.I had no idea it was you,or i would of given you a shout out.I was in a green and gold alumacraft with a green top. I think the fish are finally adjusting to the high water levels. I did manage to bring a few fish to the boat myself. Glad you all had a good time while you were here.

MMDON
07-11-2009, 07:37 PM
That's quite the crew you got there Jim. I like the shirts! Bummer about the bite still being off. If it was on, it's really hard to leave!thumbsup

Looks like you had a great time anyhoo!

MMM

dunnigan jim
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
PROPNUT I do remember seeing your boat . We were the ones on the radio trying to find a ride for Larry (j/k). He useually drives the boat for me at the derbies so he got to catch most of the fish at the Gorge. It was great seeing him catch BIG fish. Jared and Troy stopped by our camp wed. and took a couple of the guys to dinner. We still had a fun filled trip even if the bite was off a little. Making plan for next years trip already.

koke a nut
07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey Jim, thank for the photos, I'll figure this thing out, was fun seeing you at Stampeed, to bad we didn't get to visit more. There will always be another derby to get together... The Gorge was a great time, lots of fun in the camp life and of course the fishing was super.
Doug