PDA

View Full Version : Wickiup 7/9

Fallriverguy
07-10-2009, 11:54 AM
My daughter and Son-in-law fished for about an hour last night before being blown off the lake by an impressive thunder storm. We ended up sitting in my truck for an hour waiting for it to pass which it never really did so we loaded up the boat and headed home.

Followed T4T's report and fished pink hoochies in front of Gull Point boat ramp in 40+ feet of water. It was a short trip but we got three fish, lost one and had 3 drive bys.

The dock is almost useless right now. It has not followed the water level down and is only partially in the water.

MMDON
07-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Sorry about the weather FRG but it's nice to read your reports!

MMM

SilverBullets
07-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Good to hear you guys got into em, too bad you had to cut it short...better to be safe than sorry though when those storms pass through. The dock situation is a bummer, but according to a Sheriff we talked to on the Marine Patrol once the water level gets down far enough work will begin to set pilings and extend the dock out quite a ways.thumbsup I'm still planning on giveing it a try up there, even if it's in my 9' inflatable pontoon!:eek:

Fallriverguy
07-10-2009, 12:46 PM
You will not be sorry SB. I even know someone that would be willing to show you around a little! One fish my daughter caught put up a fairly good fight until it saw the boat. Then it turned and ripped 30-40 feet of line off the reel and then jumped 2 feet into the air with the dodger completely out of the water. If I could every get a picture of that it would be money.

twisted lines
07-10-2009, 04:47 PM
On the way, thanks!