PDA

View Full Version : Yale 09

MackPrince
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I guess I'll just start a Yale thread seeing as I have been flipping between there and Merwin this year.

7-9-09
Start: 6:30 Overcast light wind Temp:50 Water Temp:66
Trolled for an hour with no hits two different set-ups
7:30 tied on my green machine and RMT flasher. Had a hit as I set the rod in the holder. Landed another on second pass through the school. A few other hits.
8:30 Lake troll and hoochie -zilch nada nutin'
9:00 Lake troll and home made pink/white #1 spinner. Long line released two missed another strike
10:00 Dodger and spoon long line released one and then packed up to be home for lunch.
Overall a good day. Saw another angler with four people in the boat and he said they lost 10/16 and were fishing schools down around 100' depth. I was searching for feeders in the 35-45' column. I attribute a most of the lost fish to using a new rod holder and learning how to release the rod without slack or over setting the hook. In any event I got some fish for the freezer and a little quiet time on the water.thumbsup

sweetpea
07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
thanks for the update mac. last time i went to merwin ended up with thirteen between a friend and i. i just got tired of the biggest yale fish was smaller than the smaller merwin fish we usually get. so i think i might go to merwin tomorrow and give it a go.

MackPrince
07-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Temp: 62 Water Temp: 68
Fished 7:30-11:00 with four fish in the boat between me and my friend Jim. Three were 12" and one a stout 15". Fish were in schools anywhere from 20' to 55' primarily by bottom structure and areas with some current. When we crossed the sandbar by the wall the sounder read 2.9 ft. Yikes. The lake is down what looks about 8' from a week ago and only about 6' of the docks at the launch are in the water which was making launching large boats intersting for some other people.