PDA

View Full Version : Stampede July 3, July 5

Full_Monte
07-08-2009, 11:41 AM
We fished Stampede on July 3, July 5 on a friend's boat. On the first day, we got a slow start on the fish, ended up with 4 kokes to 16 inches and 6 rainbows. On the second day, we got 5 kokes about 10 inches and 4 rainbows before noon.

The area we fished was the dam, and the arm that extends to the left as you look at the dam. I think we were one of the few boats that was catching any fish. People were complaining about the lack of fish action. There was no radio traffic.
My buddy started the action on day 1 with cannon ball trolls behind his ball and a red wedding-ring type spinner with copper blade. I tried a silver blade wedding ring and it didn't work. I then put on a copper Vance's dodger with a pink bottom and a copper spinner with red/orange beads and started catching fish. On day 2, I started out with a Seps Gold Starlite dodger and a bright gold Tomic Wee Tad. I had 4 kokes in the boat before my buddy had a fish. Depth was 45 feet. Scents were garlic and anise mixed, fire corn, and Koke special. Garlic and anise worked the best.

We also mooched for trout on day 1 on the right arm of the lake opposite the end where the dam was. I got one rainbow about 17 inches on rainbow power bait and some smaller ones. Depth was 15 feet.

Some guys fished the island areas, but the fish didn't seem to be there. My buddy had an old fishfinder, so we were kinda blind.

HiTechKoke
07-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Pretty good for being blind..... :-) Tks for the report Monte. Surprised you didn't hook up with a 40lb Mack!. If you had your new Lowrance up there you would see them down below the Kokes all over the place.

We fished Stampede on July 3, July 5 on a friend's boat. On the first day, we got a slow start on the fish, ended up with 4 kokes to 16 inches and 6 rainbows. On the second day, we got 5 kokes about 10 inches and 4 rainbows before noon.

The area we fished was the dam, and the arm that extends to the left as you look at the dam. I think we were one of the few boats that was catching any fish. People were complaining about the lack of fish action. There was no radio traffic.
My buddy started the action on day 1 with cannon ball trolls behind his ball and a red wedding-ring type spinner with copper blade. I tried a silver blade wedding ring and it didn't work. I then put on a copper Vance's dodger with a pink bottom and a copper spinner with red/orange beads and started catching fish. On day 2, I started out with a Seps Gold Starlite dodger and a bright gold Tomic Wee Tad. I had 4 kokes in the boat before my buddy had a fish. Depth was 45 feet. Scents were garlic and anise mixed, fire corn, and Koke special. Garlic and anise worked the best.

We also mooched for trout on day 1 on the right arm of the lake opposite the end where the dam was. I got one rainbow about 17 inches on rainbow power bait and some smaller ones. Depth was 15 feet.

Some guys fished the island areas, but the fish didn't seem to be there. My buddy had an old fishfinder, so we were kinda blind.

Bduck
07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Monte doesn't need a 40lb mack right now. He still healing from the 20lb brown he caught. laugh hyst

Full_Monte
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Monte doesn't need a 40lb mack right now. He still healing from the 20lb brown he caught. laugh hyst

Yeah, I'm still dreaming of reeling.