PDA

View Full Version : Paulina 7/7

SilverBullets
07-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Today was the first time we didn't do any trolling, decided to concentrate on jigging... limited out by 9am! Most jigging was done in around 80' of water right off the bottom. Jig color didn't seem to matter. Kokanee special scent was used... no corn. Kokes averaged between 12-14". Jigs used were homemade flutter jigs. Some I powder coated, other's I painted with vinyl lure/jig paint and added holographic tape, glitter, etc. Getting the hook set down now, most hits resulted with fish in the boat.thumbsup

Fallriverguy
07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
WTG SB. When the fish are hitting the jig, it is a fun way to fish. Is there any girth to the fish? I see that you are now playing around with jigs.

MMDON
07-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Awesome job! I love jigging Kokes! It's a great way to put fish in the boat!

MMM

SilverBullets
07-07-2009, 08:24 PM
WTG SB. When the fish are hitting the jig, it is a fun way to fish. Is there any girth to the fish? I see that you are now playing around with jigs.

Using the right gear this year has really made jigging fun FRG! When their biting, you really have to be ready, and the hits are hard! We're targeting deeper depths than we've ever fished for kokes up there..got a few today fishing on the bottom in 100' of water. It seems the larger ones are deeper, and we're anchoring over drop-offs. Some of the koke have a little weight to them, but nothing like your getting at Wickiup. I purchased around 60 bare lead jigs last year and spent the winter doing the finish work. If you have scuba gear, I left a couple right off the red slide in about 80' of water.thumbsup

SilverBullets
07-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Awesome job! I love jigging Kokes! It's a great way to put fish in the boat!

MMM

Apparently it's also a great way to catch them through the ice too MMM! I remember pictures you posted a year or two ago...looked like alot of fun!thumbsup

twisted lines
07-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I hear a wake up call thumbsup

Kokanee Killer
07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
cool .. i like jigging too especially pre spawn fish when they mass in huge schools, fast and furious and like the rest of us in the non gorge area.....a 12-14 koke is still a good koke,lol lol thumbsup

eric71m
07-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, I guess i missed it, the new wife and I were up at Paulina from night of 7-6 untill morning of 7-9... fished, but not real hard, more in the relaxation mode since we were maried on the 4th... (no this wasn't our honeymoon.. LOL) we tried every thing... had no luck jigging... so i did go back to my trolling habbits, did the best with "hotchie things" and "sling blades" glow pink and glow oragne. the bite changed to dark colors but unfortunatly i didnt have any dark anything let alone dark hootichies in the box... oh boy more things to go buy and add to the box... LOL...$$$
But in all, the first time fishing the lake, it was nice... sure is a long way to go for 5 fish... Think i will stick to GP and Odell... another lake safe from added fishermen...

HiTechKoke
07-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Great report SilverBullets - What weight of jigs do you use to get down to the 80 and 100 foot level? I am thinking they are a bit heavier based upon my limited experience in trying to target them last year in the 90-120 foot range.

Kevin

SilverBullets
07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Great report SilverBullets - What weight of jigs do you use to get down to the 80 and 100 foot level? I am thinking they are a bit heavier based upon my limited experience in trying to target them last year in the 90-120 foot range.

Kevin

While drifting with a slight breeze we used 3/4 ounce, when anchored up a 1/2 ounce.thumbsup

Gary