PDA

View Full Version : Wickiup 6/5

Fallriverguy
07-06-2009, 03:03 PM
After getting my chores done, I popped up to Wickiup for the evening arriving on the lake around 5 pm. The wind that was blowing at my house was present on the water as well. It was choppy but fishable. Being in a hurry is never a good idea and rushing to get on the road resulted in my downrigger being left at home. crymeariver

Not being one to cry me a river, I just decided it was going to have to be a jigging trip. Armed with a chrome buzz bomb I headed out into the chop. I do not like to anchor by myself and the wind was too strong to jig next to the bottom, so I back-trolled into the wind to hold my position. I fished several places close to the Gull Point boat ramp (are you listening Silver Bullets?). The fishing was not stellar, but did manage two fish on 6 strikes. One was 16 inches and other 17. I got fed up with the wind at 8 pm and headed for the dock.

The water was 68 at the surface and 55 at the bottom. I picked all my bites with the buzz bomb fishing right next to the bottom in 40ish feet of water.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Wickuip_7-5-09.JPG

MMDON
07-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Beautiful Fish! Glad to hear that plan B was still a winner! thumbsup

MMM

SilverBullets
07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Great report Brian! Looks like those kokes are putting on some weight! Bummer about the rigger, at least you made the best of it. I hope to get up there soon...heading back up to Paulina in the morning and plan on getting off the lake before the wind comes up that's forecasted.

MMDON
07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
You guys live near some great fishing waters! Did I mention I'm jealous!!!worthy12

DLM
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
FRG, What is the water level currently.

I check the lake on google earth every day but it never seems to change;)

Fallriverguy
07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
The water level is good. It is at 75% full pool.