PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 7-4-09 - Slow action

HiTechKoke
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
It turned out to be a slow day for the HiTechKoke clan and from what we heard we should have been there Friday. We got to Skier's cove and literally I had to look hard for any fishing boats. There were only 5-6 total and probably 3 going for Kokanee. The skiers really didn't show up until 11:00AM so it was a really quiet day on the lake.

As for fishing we only brought 3 fish home and lost 3 others. They were only in the 14 inch class so nothing to write home about. They came on a Purple Coe Apex and Blue Copper Pop at 45 feet. We did the big triangle between Skiers, Big Island and Goat.

The highlight on the day was I was setting up for some U/W video and the second I turned on the camera there were two large Kokes battling for who was going to take the lure first as they both made about 4 passes. I didn't have the recorder setup yet so I didn't capture it but I got to see where the Kokanee took the lure and snapped his head but the hooks did not catch and then they ran off. I laughed about it, I'll bet they learned a lesson and will be a bit wiser.

Kevin

MJCook6
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Good job kevin...
That u/w camera stuff is way cool...

Matt