PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry 7-04-2009

Bduck
07-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Can sum it up in one word "SUCKED". My wife & I trolled all over that lake in search of kokes and couldn't find one school. All we caught was cutthroats. About 20 of them to be exact. Had 4 in the live well where we got to pick the larger under minimum slot size 15-22in. Released a couple within the slot about 18in. Surface temp between 62-64 degrees. Used RMT purple/pink dodger with cotton candy squid, and RMT Nichel glow crush 5.5" dodger with UV pink super squid. Couldn't keep the cutts off. At the end of the day, my wife noticed she lost her fishing and drivers license. Searched all over the boat to no avail. Ended up releasing cutts in the well. Not the first time going home empty handed. After loading boat on trailer, she checked in at the marina and someone had found her licenses & turned them in. She was lucky with all the identity theft that happens daily. Those cutts did put up a battle.

Kokaholic
07-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Nice job Roger. Glad you guys had some fun, bummer that there was no kokes, They are pretty elusive in those waters over there. Glad the Mrs, Located her id and license and such That could have been a catastrophe.

BTW, checked Costco for that seasoning and couldnt find it there either. I will look for it and when I find it, I will get it for you and give you a call,

Kokanee Killer
07-05-2009, 12:23 AM
great report bduck except for the lost license,me and polar bear just got off a local lake,, 30 plus bows in 3 hrs good trip as usual with the polar bear ,,,maan can that guy troll thumbsup

AFDan52
07-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi Rodger, good to see that you didn't get a total Skunk. Glad to hear that the wife got her things back that's getting to be a rare thing anymore.