PDA

View Full Version : Where Have I Been?

capron6
07-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Hello to all:

Where have I been?? I just discovered this site today, don't know what took me so long because I "cruise" fishing sites on a daily basis. Seems I either know or am familiar with ALOT of the members of this forum who have some great input regarding kokanee fishing so it becomes a natural site for me to visit regularly.

I live in Sweet Home, Oregon and my primary lake for kokanee fishing is Green Peter Reservoir just a short distance from my residence. During the "season" I am out there 2 - 3 days a week, sometimes more if I can get away with it. If you fish Green Peter look for a gray North River 19.5' Bayhawk with Cannon downriggers and some Kokanee Power stickers on the sides, and drive by and say hello!

On a personal basis, I am a Retired Fire Captain as well as a Retired Safeway employee. Currently a member of Kokanee Power in California as well as a member and Director for Kokanee Power of Oregon. Kokanee fishing is my priority and that is where I focus my attention. I enjoy sharing information about this very addictivie hobby and look forward to hearing from others that share the same interest.

SilverBullets
07-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome capron6... Great to have you aboard! thumbsup

Fishintrippz
07-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Ron!

Welcome aboard :)

And just think, if you didn't come fishing at Whiskeytown with your old (did I say that) college roomate Gary Coe, three years ago..... you wouldn't have caught the Kokanee Bug!

Glad you did, that trip was a fun one :)

~Kendra

HiTechKoke
07-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Ron - Glad you found the site... and I didn't know that about you and Gary... tks Kendra... :-) I hear GP is starting to turn on a bit now.

Kevin

wahoohunter
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome capron6-I'm sure you'll like it here-great guys and great info.

DLM
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Welcome Ron. We will be on the lake Sunday morning until it gets too crowded or windy. Maybe see you there but I know you like the peacefulness of weekday fishing.

3RivrFishr
07-04-2009, 12:06 AM
3+ days of fishing per week! You are a lucky man. Look forward to your reports and knowledge.

dunnigan jim
07-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome Ron Glad you found the site. I thought everyone from KP knew about this site , most be all the fishing you do that you can't get on the computer as much laugh hyst. I'll be up your way to fish Green Peter soon . After we get back from the Gorge .

koke a nut
07-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Welcome, being new to this site myself I have already learned a bunch and will be heading out in the morning for the gorge and looking forward to some tales from Duningan Jim...
Doug

capron6
07-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Wow, thanks for the rousing reception. Glad to be aboard! Kendra you let the cat out of the bag didn't you? I guess I should have said that by fishing standards I am probably a "rookie" kokanee fisherman. However, with mentors such as Gary Coe, Gary Miralles, Wayne Douma, Robby Thorson, and Gary Gordon to name a few I have caught up with some old timers rapidly. I must say though that the greatest mentor of all is 'time on the water', and I get alot of that. dlm hit it on the head though, I fish weekdays when the lake is a little quieter. Green Peter is still not pumping out the fish as it has in the past. It is a little late in starting this year. The warm fourth of July weather might be just what we need.

Petty4life
07-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Welcome aboard.thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Bduck
07-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey capron6 Welcome aboard. Seems like this should called the gorge forum the way everyone is heading that way. :rolleyes:

Kokaholic
07-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome aboard Ron, Great Place we have here to hang out and share Kokanee info with others.