PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe

Bduck
07-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Does anyone fish for kokes in Lake Tahoe? That being a natural, very large deep lake, one would think it would produce blue ribbon quality kokes like the Gorge.

Stanson
07-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't know what the kok fishing is like but I hear it cost you 100.00 dollars to launch your boat there becauce of the mussel inspection etc... that may keep people away and I think there is a local fishing guide that can give you a better idea about were they fish for the koks. most fish around the area were tayor creek flows into the lake but I have never heard of the large koks in Tahoe like you see at the Gorge... Lake Tahoe is a 4-cycle motor only lake

SK

HiTechKoke
07-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Well it's not quite a $100 but it can vary a lot... check out this link:

http://www.boattahoe.com/boat-launches.htm

As for fishing Tahoe I can personally tell you I saw fish up to 3lbs and probably more in the creek last year and that had a lot of people going "Hmmm". Tahoe is a pretty sterile lake so they generally don't get very big but last year had some big ones mixed in the the creek. I've never fished it but may try to do so later this month after fishing Stampede one day. I want to fish it for the scenery more than the fish.

Kevin

Stanson
07-04-2009, 01:26 AM
I would just go with a guide and save the inspection and ramp fees and you will find where to fish next time tahoe is a very large lake and as some monster macks, browns and bows and kok fishing is good later in the summer taylor creek had a good hatch last year and there were a lot large koks that eggs were taken from the DFG Planted 150.000 in the Lake so it should good in august.