PDA

View Full Version : I Just Cant Take it

gonefishing
07-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Reading all these reports is just getting me excited all over. I have to return again!!!!! Can't help myself.

Heading in to the North end next week and looking forward to getting after the Kokes again. Last trip in May was sparse on Kokes, but plenty of other fish. Hoping for better Koke action this time!! I'll be checking the reports.

Thanks for all the updates you all keep posting! tongue2

GONE FISHING!!

Code4
07-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Gonefishing,
My friend and I headed out yesterday and put in at Buckboard. After some quick mechanical issues and a prop change we started fishing at about 7:30 down at Squaw. There were a few boats around so we jumped in line and ended up hooking up twice but not landing or seeing the fish. Everyone else appeared to be not doing well either and everyone slowly drifted away and headed elsewhere. Went up north by Jap Island around 10:00. There were a couple of other boats around so we hit the edge of the 45 ft. shelf and didn't chart any fish. We threw everything we had at the kokes with no luck, not even one! I don't claim to be the best koke fisherman and I have a lot to learn but everything that has worked in the past did nothing. We finally switched to lakers and caught a few small ones. Water level is high and still rising with little lake shore property available! If anyone has suggestions or areas (not looking for secret spots) I would love to hear where anyone is catching them. It has been a difficult spring/early summer for me with these @*!* kokes. Headed back out tomorrow (Sat) with family and would love to get into some fish.

vvBob
07-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I just got back. Mainly fished around Breeze Hill, North & South of it.

Blue or Green in the mornings, Pink RGT's later. 26' to start 32'-36' to finish in early afternoon.

There is a current out there so watch your lure action before you put it down. I was running 1.5 going South & 1.25 going North.

Good Luck!

MMDON
07-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I just got back. Mainly fished around Breeze Hill, North & South of it.

Blue or Green in the mornings, Pink RGT's later. 26' to start 32'-36' to finish in early afternoon.

There is a current out there so watch your lure action before you put it down. I was running 1.5 going South & 1.25 going North.

Good Luck!

Glad you got back safe and sound Bob! Don't you wish you were still there! thumbsup

gonefishing
07-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Has any one else found any fish. Sounds like a challenge this year, but what the heck, I'd rather be gone fishing!