PDA

View Full Version : KFF challenge Baked beans

Kokaholic
07-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Many who attended wanted the recipe for my baked beans. I will list the ingrediants below, No set amount of each, just add to the taste

Start off with a pound of bacon and one onion in a dutch oven or sauce pan on the stove. dice up the bacon and onion and cook together till done to desired, Leave grease in the pan, thats what adds to the flavor. Remember, these are low fatlaugh hyst.

when these two are done, add your beans, you can do a large can (gallon) size to the pot. I like to use the bushes baked beans, but have used pork and beans before in a pinch.

After pouring in the beans, add yellow mustard, your favorite BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, and brown sugar. do these to reach the desired taste that you like. Some like a more BBQ sauce taste, some like the sweet brown sugar taste, some like the smoky liquid smoke taste. add to your taste buds.

Best to get them all made and let stand over night so that all of the ingrediants compliment one another. heat up the next day and serve. Or, heat for about 30 minutes and serve.

I also like to change it up a little once in a while and will add polish kelbasa sausage in with the bacon as an extra meat to it.worthy12thumbsup

Add what you like, create your own and add to mine. either way, Enjoy!

SuperD
07-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds great. tongue2 Good 4th of July block party item.

FishHunter
07-02-2009, 03:43 PM
These beans were absolutely phenomenol at the KFF challenge. I look forward to making these this weekend tongue2