PDA

View Full Version : Rods & Hooks

Mossback
06-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Passed through Woodland today and had to stop at the Lamiglas factory for a look/see. You know the drill :rolleyes: What can I find as the ultimate 7' graphite Kokanee rod? Well, the sales rep was a very nice young man who kinda crimased when I said I was looking for a fast/light action 7' - 7'6" bait caster. Oh man, the young gent knew I was a Kokeaholic and proceeded to tell me the company kinda vains away from graphite rods and Koke/downrigger folks cause of the fact we folks are enept at downrigging, i.e., break rods/claims/we'll ya know the rest

Well, I kinda chuckled cause the Koke fishers I know that use downriggers are probably more enept than the salmon fishers I see struggling w/downriggers. And many are salmon fishers, i.e., use 'em in saltwater.

In summary, I walked away kinda bummed that a rod company that I have used for many years is way into every other species of fish but Kokes. OK, in fairness they do provide a glass 7' downrigger rod and a 7'6" lead-line trolling rod. The latter is E-glass and is probably a very fine rod. But I have owned many Lamiglass rods (probably around 20) and the last glass rod by Lamiglas I owned was an S-Glass...........but once ya go to graphite, it's kinda hard to revert.

My next stop was Bob's in Longview to see if I could pick up some spare Red Gamu Drop Shot hooks in #2 & #4's. The helpful clerk kinda looked at me like a Pleasant Valley Elk in headlights stomper. I tried to explain what the hooks were and what they were used for...........still stomper.

Fortunately I have some coming from the Bass Pro folks this Thursday to replinish my supply. As for the rod, I'm using a 7'6" Lamiglass Summer Run Rod and a fast/lightway Lamiglass graphite I built 25 years ago with an age ole Garcia 2500C. I'll stick w/them and do some research with our sponsors here on the Forum. As for those spiral rods?...........Way to nuclear for the Mossback worthy12.

Mb

Kokaholic
07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with Lamiglas. Many of us are runningthe Jared Johnson Team Kokanee 7'6" Red rods. We have really enjoyed them and have heard no complaints on them. LAst I heard, they will be running another production set of these rods in August. Check in with places like Kokaneemart, fishermans friend and Sacramento pro and they should be able to hook you up with some.

Kokehead
07-01-2009, 02:48 PM
As far as hooks go, check out www.visionhooks.com They have the hooks you are looking for.

Mossback
07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks guys for the leads.