PDA

View Full Version : Alaska next week

SuperD
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
After a week in Montana and a week at Flaming Gorge, I'm following it up with my very first trip to Alaska next week. I leave on the 9th and return on the 17th. One of my goals is to find an ocean sockeye and compare it to a Gorge Koke. thumbsup I'm imagining taking that 4 lbs of fury X 2. I'm a little scared and excited at the same time. We fly into Anchorage and then drive the rental car to the lodge in Soldatna. Six days of multi species fishing and a day with a bush plane fly in trip. I really hope that we get some good photos to share with you all when we get back.

Bduck
06-30-2009, 06:47 PM
When I first landed at Anchorage and walked out front of the airport, I thought I got a round trip back to Salt Lake City. laugh hyst Both airport settings are similiar. You"ll enjoy the drive to Soldotna going thru the Kenai Peninsula. Alot of wildlife and scenery to look at. thumbsup I spent 6 days there and wish I could have stayed longer. I've been thinking about getting a passport and driving up to Alaska so I can spend a summer there. :rolleyes:

SuperD
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Go for it short timer!

MMDON
07-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I can't wait to see your report Dave! Alaska is the greatest cold water fishing destination in the world!thumbsup

SuperD
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I talked to the lodge yesterday and we will have a fly out day to Wolf Creek where we will target Sockeyes for the day. 2 more days! The weirdest part of this trip is not packing a 40 lbs tackle bag that I've been combing through for a month.