PDA

View Full Version : Me and the Wife 6-24-2009

Bduck
06-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Did some fishing a couple of days prior to the challenge. Finally got my wife out on the water at the Gorge to do some Koke fishing. I decided I was only setting out 2 lines and let her catch everything coming her way. Using a RMT Martini Funky Frog with a cotton candy squid and her first hook up was a 2lb pup laker. Next she hooked up a 3.2lb Koke. She got a big thrill when it broke surface and went airborne. After coaching her not to horse it in, we finally landed it after a 5min battle. Not bad for her first ever Koke. She caught a couple more in the 2lb class and a releaser that was smaller. After a couple of hours outing she said we need more Koke rods. I'm thinking "yes, there is a fishing god after all." She's hooked and wants to do it again. This pic says alot.

SuperD
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Roger. it was great to meet the both of you in the Lucerne campground, even though it was a short visit. Hoping to arrange a future meeting for some side by side fishing together.

MackPrince
06-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Excellent catch Bduck.
It's great to have a wife that enjoys fishing as well. That helps increase the chance of being on the water and not having a list of projects to do before or after you can go. She sure looks happy in the photo.

TroutScout
06-29-2009, 02:52 PM
You're one lucky Duck.