PDA

View Full Version : Grandsons first fish

DLM
06-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I got to take my 4.5 year old grandson fishing at Green Peter Saturday morning and he caught his first fish, first four in fact. Here is a picture of his first one and his two biggest. Proud kid, prouder Grandpa.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?

MackPrince
06-28-2009, 07:34 PM
thumbsupExcellent work DLM!thumbsup

bobco
06-28-2009, 08:23 PM
good job getting him out. I took out my 4 year old grand daughter a couple of weeks ago, she is always playing in the boat in the garage when visiting, when we left the marina for the fisrt time she just started giggling, priceless!! she tells evrybody she went fishing with grampa and caught kokanee !!

Mossback
06-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Kudos to ya DLM! I've got all the grandkids into trout fishing but the thought of handling hot cocoa, powdered donuts, and a couple of downriggers early in the am for kokes w/the grandkids is a wee bit too much for this old boy laugh hyst.

Mb

Petty4life
06-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Very Coolthumbsup

DLM
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Kudos to ya DLM! I've got all the grandkids into trout fishing but the thought of handling hot cocoa, powdered donuts, and a couple of downriggers early in the am for kokes w/the grandkids is a wee bit too much for this old boy laugh hyst.

Mb

It must have been for me also as I took a 3 hour nap back in camp that afternoon.

Fishing was a blast. I ran the downriggers of course and when a fish hit I release the line from the clip then the job was all his to get it in. We found it best to leave the pole in the holder and he reel the fish in with a very light drag setting, then all grandpa had to do was man the net.

After the first fish he demanded that he would get to "whack" the next one we got in the boat.

Fallriverguy
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to you and your grandson. I look forward to the day I can take my grandson fishing.

wahoohunter
06-29-2009, 07:56 PM
The both of you will remember the day with fond memories of each other for many years to come.
Congrats and well done, gramps.

redmanjr1
06-30-2009, 01:10 AM
That is one very proud and happy looking young man. I love stories like that. It is a great thing to pass on what we know to keep it alive. Very cool indeed.

Bob

Bduck
06-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Well grandpa, your grandson is a pro now. I bet he will start teaching you a couple of things now about catching Kokes. Priceless thumbsup