PDA

View Full Version : blue mesa 6/26 report

bobco
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
fished this morning in the lake fork area for kokes. fished right around the corner from Sap going east in main channel out from the south shore.

FishHunter
06-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Sounds like there has been a steady increase in the action the last week or two since the lake has started to level off a little. I have heard of a few fishermen getting their limits recently.

Sorry to hear about your motor troubles. I had the same thing happen last week at Flaming Gorge with my Mercury kicker. I lost an entire day of fishing while it was being fixed.

bobco
06-29-2009, 09:20 PM
fortunity I just needed to clean the plugs, but it was windy and raining so I gave it up and fixed it at home....

dtscow
03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
My retired father wants to fish blue mesa in the 3rd week of June, 2010. I'm grateful for any information on lodging, camping, boat mooring and kokanee fishing locations (of course times, depths and lures as well). Thanks in advance for any information.

SuperD
03-22-2010, 08:43 PM
My retired father wants to fish blue mesa in the 3rd week of June, 2010. I'm grateful for any information on lodging, camping, boat mooring and kokanee fishing locations (of course times, depths and lures as well). Thanks in advance for any information.
Heck, is that all? laugh hyst

dtscow
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I guess that's a large request. My apologies! I am willing to give up my secret weopon though.

dtscow
03-22-2010, 10:37 PM
I mean secret weapon.

SuperD
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Just ribbing ya dtscow. I hope you get the answers you're looking for. When I spend a lot of money for a first time trip, I tend to figure a few extra couple hundred bucks wont make a difference and hire a guide for one day to learn the tricks for that lake and then just repeat on my own the next few days of the trip. Just something you might look into as a back up plan.

dtscow
03-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for answering. Doubt I can afford a guide though; 2 kids in college
T

bobco
03-27-2010, 08:09 AM
My retired father wants to fish blue mesa in the 3rd week of June, 2010. I'm grateful for any information on lodging, camping, boat mooring and kokanee fishing locations (of course times, depths and lures as well). Thanks in advance for any information. hard to say where the koke bite will be, talk to the folks at Elk creek marina they can help you out with what is working at the time, camping and mooring for your boat, lots of good places to stay and eat in Gunnison, the water wheel is on the west side of town and clean rooms. have fun....

bobco
03-27-2010, 08:10 AM
101chromefish101

bluemesabeauty
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
First of all is your relative from Florida area? anyway, I own a beautiful lodge on the lake since 1992 and know all the tricks to full limits. Lets talk if still interested. I can 'hook' him up!

dtscow
06-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Which lodge? We'll be fishing Sunday (hopefully). Rented a slip at Lake Fork Marina.