PDA

View Full Version : Yale 6-24-09

MackPrince
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I decided to switch things up today and went to Yale. After talking with a fisheries biologist a few weeks ago I knew going into this that the fish would be smaller than Merwin's by about 2". It was a liberal 2".

Launch: 5:45 a.m. windy and overcast. Motor was acting up, and sonar was not working even with a new transducer.
(This wasn't a big deal though, I never used a sonar before and there's a reason why I carry a spark plug wrench in my tackle box.) stomper

6:00 Headed out with motor purring. Running leaded line three colors. Within 50 yards of where I started trolling I got a fish in the boat.

By 7:45(ish) Two fish in the boat. A dandy (15" plus) tore free as I reached for the net. I had also long line released one more and had several short strikes.

8:00 Loaded up with a RMT Green flasher, and a home made spinsquid dubbed the "green machine". 4 colors leadcore out. Less than 100 yards of trolling later and had my third in the boat.

8:30 no more clouds, water was flat and the wind was gone along with the bite. Overall it was a great morning. Fish were 11-12-12" and the view of St. Helen's was amazing.thumbsup

SilverBullets
06-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Great report MackPrince! Sounds like the "green machine" has put a few kokes in the boat prior to that trip. thumbsup

MackPrince
06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Actually for this lure it was the maiden voyage. It was a great feeling knowing this combo will be a producer. I'll need to give it a try at Merwin and Drano as well to see how the big boys like it.
:)