PDA

View Full Version : Paulina Jigging Report 6/22

SilverBullets
06-22-2009, 11:09 PM
What a day! After just getting into jigging last year and learning more about it at kokanee class this year, we nailed them today! My Dad had a blast with the new rod I got him for Father's day...Thanks Fallriverguy for the great rod advice! We had at least 40 hits, but need to get the technique down to get them to stick. Most of our limits came from jigging, and a few from trolling. While trolling a Apex I saw a brown that had to be at least 10lbs. follow the koke up to the boat! The kokanee are getting bigger... one measured 14.5". We used a variety of jigs including the Gibbs and ones made by Aufish 101 and Twisted Lines.

Fallriverguy
06-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a great day SB. Glad you and your dad like the rod.

SilverBullets
06-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Made it back up yesterday, another couple limits in the brine awaiting the smoker. We're getting better at jigging now...had fewer missed hits than the prior trip. Had to work harder for them though, as fewer showed on the finder while anchored up between the 40-60' depth. Marked most fish out towards the middle while trolling. All caught on homemade jigs and altered Apex's.

IssaquahBob
07-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Great going!!!!! I went down to Sunriver last week. My son and I tried Paulina on the afternoon of the 24th; got one trolling and one jigging but the wind was really intense. Loaded up and gave jigging on East Lake a try. Got a couple and they were definitely larger than the ones at Paulina but the wind was still an issue. Time was short so we only got a bit over an hour at each location. Hoping to do better next time down to OR.